Demo Site

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wasting a day, Saying Goodbye, New Neighbors

Yesterday was truly a wasted day for me. I got up about 3a.m. with severe diarrhea which lasted all day. It left me pretty weak and dehydrated. I did not eat or drink anything through the entire day. It was kind of a blessing in that Mama and I were fasting yesterday specifically for direction in the move we are seeking. It made it easy for me to accomplish the fast. Some residual side effects remain today so the Fourth of July picnic at the church will not be as much fun for me as it might otherwise have been. Oh well, I’ll enjoy the fellowship.
My daughter had to say goodbye to her boyfriend yesterday. There were plenty of tears and sad faces in the parting moments. I wanted to sing “Leaving on a jet plane” but I just did not have the energy. I did not even get to see her off at the airport since I was confined to the bed through the day. She got back to Arkansas without incident but I suspect was torn emotionally about being happy to be there. Saying “Good Bye” is never easy if you are truly going to miss the ones you are speaking to, but this was a fairly easy one since they will be in constant communication by phone.
We have new upstairs neighbors. They moved in the day before yesterday and on Thursday night I had to go up to their door and ask if the children could be a little quieter. He understood right away why I was there and was very receptive to the suggestion. I told the father that I understood that the kids were super excited about being in a new place and it was hard to get them to settle down but since it was near 11p.m., if he could we would appreciate it.
We have since introduced ourselves properly. The kids have been in our apartment. We have invited them to the picnic at the church today and they are planning to come to church tomorrow. I’d say, all-in-all that went pretty well.
The other of my visiting daughters will be going back to Arkansas on Thursday. Mama and I will miss them – especially Mama.

0 comments:

Post a Comment