Demo Site

Sunday, July 18, 2010

It’s not what you say, Going to Costa Rica

In a classic example of “it’s not what you say, it’s what they hear” i overheard a mother of a fairly young boy ask the teacher of his Sunday School class what the lesson was on this morning. He was a little flustered by the question and his mind went blank, so she filled it in for him from what her son had told her.
When they had gotten home the parents asked, “What was the Bible story about this morning?” Without a second’s hesitation he answered, “It was about a blond man.” “A blonde man?” “Yeah, Jesus healed him of his blonde-ness.” I told them I will have to find that story. After all I have three children that need that healing.
Chase leaves for Costa Rica on Tuesday. Tomorrow he will spend the night at the house of the family whose two sons are the reason Chase is going also. They are grandsons to the family they will be spending the month with in San Ramon. I have very fond memories on my short time there and I am anxious to get Mama down there to see the beauty of the area. I am a little jealous, but my turn will have to come later.
My schedule is very full this week and next week we will travel to and from Florida in the seven days ending the month of July. August is liable to be a complete blur. The pace is picking up and everything is quickly falling into place for the move we are anticipating.
Now, even Mama is getting nervous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment