Demo Site

Friday, August 10, 2012

Horse sense, the logs, Chase, Becky

Mama and I met with a couple last night who had come out to the farm to look at the log package we have advertized. They were not so much interested in the log as they were in the horses. They own a ranch near here and are nationally recognized for their knowledge of horses. They have obviously made a lot of money over the years buying and selling horses. They were both attracted to Toi even though we see her as an old, ailing horse they saw some great potential still yet in her. He even remarked that if she was fattened up (she is very bony at the moment) she could be bred and have one more foal. I cannot see it but he really wanted to see her breeding papers so he could know if she could still be worth some money. He seemed to think we should hold up on getting rid of her until he had a chance to advise us on who we could sell her to. It is worth looking into.


We have someone from the church coming by Saturday afternoon to look over the horses to see if they can take them as rescue horses. The couple last night seemed to think Rain is bred back. I only know of a white horse that had been kept in the field next to ours right after Misty was born. They said she looked about five months along, which would be about right. A barbed wire fence would be no obstacle for breeding we were told.

We stood around and talked about horses for most of the evening. They gave us some good advice on what to look for and offered to be available to us at any time to help with questions, purchases, care tips, etc. We may not have sold the log package but we made a great contact which I will capitalize on going forward.

We have had several more calls on the logs. A guy I talked to last night said he would be coming by today to look them over and see if he and his ranch hands could use them to assemble a line house on the back part of his ranch. I do not know if he is a serious buyer or not but I am pretty sure he will take the time to come and look. I do not know if we will end up selling the logs or not, but Mama and I have prayed about it and we hope to sell them.

It will be some time before I will be able to put them together and I do not like seeing them sitting in the heat. It cannot be good for them and they cost too much to let go to waste. We have more pressing projects at hand right now. Just in case we do not sell them, I now have an idea how to cover them to protect them for the coming months. We will let the ad run and see what will come of it. God is in control.

Chase and Makaila are planning to drive over today, spend the night and drive back tomorrow morning. He is taking the little truck back with him. Losing the Breeze was a costly experiment and hopefully the lesson the Lord was teaching got root in Chase’s heart. I do not know what that may be but I know the Lord does. Anyway, it will give Chase a chance to show Makaila the farm – just in case she is interested and he will recover his transportation.

Becky texted me yesterday to tell me that Charles had a new job. When I congratulated her in response she mentioned that they had been on vacation and gotten a “ton” of free stuff and now Charles had a job. She was pretty excited. I could not figure out if she was more excited about the free stuff or Charles working. But praise the Lord for both.

Mama is aching and sore from her little run the other day. I try not to laugh when she complains but I guess I am not trying hard enough. Dodger is back in the house and I seem to be forgiven. I guess it was all a misunderstanding – at least, he is willing to see it that way.

It will not stop me from “misunderstanding” if the same thing happens in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment