Demo Site

Monday, August 6, 2012

Quick travel, putting placement

When I got up Friday morning to go to work I realized that Chase had made it safely to the farm because he was sleeping on the living room floor. He and Mama had worked it out to swap his truck for Victoria’s little car. Chase was so anxious to make the swap that he left after work on Thursday night to drive the 280 miles to the farm. He was due back at work the following afternoon about the same time as Victoria’s dental appointment. It is more time constrained than I would have liked, but it all worked out.


Everything seems to have gone well in the travel back and everyone made it to the required appointments. Chase even had a record day on Saturday. I forget what Mama was told he made in commissions alone. Victoria got her crown placed – inside her head rather than on top, but she is very thankful. I suppose I am thankful also even thought it will cost me over $1000 to complete the work.

Mama and Victoria made it back Saturday night with the little van and the Nissan. Victoria was teasing about how good it was to be back home. She said she felt like she had been gone forever – even though it was only one night. There was some earlier talk about the two of them staying over Saturday and Sunday nights and coming back Monday but those plans were thrown out pretty quickly. I was glad to have them home but we all would have survived another night or two.

I did get a lot of work done on Friday evening and Saturday. I cut out all of the pipe Grandpa and I had discussed so we can prepare the shop for the required ground work with the goal of pouring a slab in the next couple weeks. I am not sure how far we will be on the shop when Nate, Cori and the kids arrive but there will be plenty to do regardless.

Grandpa is a little discouraged. He and Norman have looked at several balers but have not come across the one he is willing to buy at the price being asked. He is hesitant to come back to Bowie without one but that could be the outcome we have to deal with. I am still praying he will be able to get one there, just for the encouragement it will give him and Norman, but it would not be a terrible outcome for their trip. Grandma and Grandpa have enjoyed the time around family and friends. We are all glad they were able to go.

Yesterday was a great day at church. It is wonderful to see Mama sitting with different groups of women talking about every subject under the sun. It is more gratifying to see Victoria participating in different group discussions. She is still a little quick to want to leave, but is far more involved overall than at any other church we have attended.

I get the feeling that we are well placed here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment