Demo Site

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Answered prayer, missing out?

The Lord did answer Mama’s and my prayer to hear something from the licensing group yesterday. The information came to us after I was already home. The hiring manager was responding to an email sent out by my boss, whom I had informed that I had not heard anything since I put in my application. He is also curious for reasons of his own. This was the response:


Here's where we stand on the position:

- So far we've interviewed a handful of candidates from a list of those who had applied through early December (prior to Tim's application).

- As of yet, we have not made any offers.

- Jim is working with management to determine the number of positions we will fill this year.

- Once the above item is resolved (should be in the next few days) we will decide whether to make offers. Concurrent with that, we will evaluate the applications received between early December & now (including Tim's), and decide whether to conduct more interviews.

We should be able to give you more information sometime next week at the latest.

All I can really glean from the note is that the position is still open. There is really not much information other than that, but at least we know that much. It may not be enough to satisfy my boss who would like to make plans for the coming year and is not sure what assignments to give me based on my interest in the other job. Such is the life we lead.

On my calendar, I had set aside time this week for the interview but according to the note above that is not likely to happen – at least not on my time table. While I am looking at the convenience to me and my workload, God has entirely different plans and I always like the outcome of His plans better than mine. So we will wait. I do not have a choice there, but I do have a choice on my attitude as I wait.

After I had eaten dinner with Mama yesterday evening, I called on a tractor I saw advertized for sale on Craigslist. A very nice elderly gentleman (at least he sounded like an elderly gentleman) answered the phone and I told him why I was calling. He told me he was getting the cash put in his hand at that very moment but he was really happy that I had called. He went on to tell me he had gotten several dozen calls and that another was buzzing in as we were talking. All I could say is congratulations on the sale. I was impressed by the fact that he was so tickled by the entire chain of events. It must have meant a lot to him.

I did not have the cash to purchase the tractor so my call was for information only but we seem to have the same results when we are making a serious call on an item we do want to purchase. Grandpa refers to it as being “a day late and a dollar short” but it is generally poor timing on our part; or lack of prayer about the matter. When the right deal comes along we will have our turn. God always gives us what we need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment