Demo Site

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fog, sickness, planting, waiting for answers, no coincidence

When I left the farm this morning the fog was very heavy. It was not until I got to the little rise on our road that I saw that if I had stretched a little I could have seen over it. It was no more than six feet high. It looked as if the car was riding on a cloud. Texas is the only stare that I have seen fog like this. It is often suspended several feet off of the ground, no more that a few feet thick; hanging like lace in the air. It was a blessing to see how this fog had wet the ground. Maybe some of that will sink in before the sun evaporates it.


Mama and Grandpa are setting out onions today. I saw when I got home last night all the seeds we had accumulated last year had been pulled out of their storage places and were being evaluated against the planting chart Mama and Grandpa had gotten at one f the local feed stores. I think we are ready for a garden this year – especially since we are all here fulltime. We have learned a lot about the area; just how well we have learned it, our gardening success or failure will tell.

I plan to take tomorrow off so I can work on the apartment. I have had ambitious thoughts of getting something done in the evenings but I am not at the stage of building that that it practical. Extra days off make up the difference and I do need to make up for some lost time when my back was hurting too badly to do what needed to be done. I think I am better now. We will see tomorrow.

Hopefully, Mama is feeling better also. Last night she stayed home because her belly was hurting pretty badly. Her head cold has begun to heal but something she ate did not agree with her. I have a feeling it was one of those times when no matter what she ate it would not have agreed with her. I do know that she missed a great sermon from one of our missionaries to Ghana.

All indications are that we are going to lose another calf. If we do it will not be for lack of trying to get him healthy. He is one of the three that Grandpa nursed through some very high fevers and strong coughs. Of those three, he has never regained his strength and yesterday he looked pretty pitiful. All of the other members of our herd seem to be doing well and we are learning new information weekly to keep them that way.

On Tuesday evening I attached the surface addendums to the lease paperwork and sent them to the land guy for review. I have not heard anything back yet. I did pray about it before I sent the package along, but I can never be sure how the additions will be received. It is in God’s Hands. I would not want it anywhere else.

Mama and I have talked about buying additional land. One place we are interested in making that purchase is in West Virginia, so I began looking. I picked out a piece of property near Norman and made the call to the realtor – whose name looked very familiar. As we spoke I asked if he was the person by that name who used to attend Ripley Baptist Temple. He replied that he is that person and he still does attend there.

I love the way God puts those things together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment