Demo Site

Monday, January 28, 2013

No rights, two less is better, Victoria is home

The big news for last week is that the mineral rights that were found and assumed to be available to us as the owners were quickly claimed by the sellers. As soon as they were discovered the sellers contacted the title company to see of the retention of all mineral rights had been written into the sales contract on the farm. It had. In fact, it was such a point of contention for me that I almost did not sign the contract when I saw that they had been written in at the last minute.


Like I had said before, the money was of little consequence to me. The avenue to protect the surface rights was the draw. Now that is gone. The fortunate part of it all is that I never signed anything to claim either the mineral rights or the money. It was an honest mistake which will be easily remedied. No harm, No foul. But it was a disappointment to me and Mama.

I did find out a lot about the property through the unfortunate happenstance and I got to talk to the person who will probably be our contact in the future when there is activity in the area. I am praying that that activity does not include drilling through our little property but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. It is a little sad that the financial jump start I thought we were given was so quickly reversed but we will make it up soon enough.

I am praying that the call from the licensing group comes today. This would be the perfect week for me to travel to Houston and points south since I will be on the road all next week. It will all work out whenever the call comes. It will work out if the call never comes. It is a relief to know that God is still in control and that all things work together for our good; especially when the circumstances cloud our vision.

As if to add to my consternation, the Training Coordinator job will be reposting. This time I will not have to do the scheduling of the interviews, nor will I have to make the selection of the persons to be interviewed. That will be done by the new Supervisor. I may be called upon to participate since I will be handing the job over to the person selected – unless that person turns out to be me.

Having not heard anything from the licensing group I am growing a little restless. I guess Maggie and I are alike in that we like to see a little further down the road than most people do. Not hearing anything at this point feels a little like rejection. If I am being rejected I would like the chance to get upset about it. So I am practicing by worrying. Strange how our minds work through problems over which we have no control.

Saturday morning Grandpa and I buried another two calves. One died on its own, the other we put down. It was a sad loss but a necessary part of raising calves in this area. The one that died had a busted chest from something that happened at his birth. The other was blind from a fever he had just after birth. Neither one was going to survive but we gave it our best effort. It is better for those we have remaining to put out the sickly ones. That does not make it easier.

Yesterday Mama and I went to Chipotle on our way to the airport to get Victoria. (It is the first time we have eaten out in quite a while; what with no extra money and all.) When we dropped Victoria off last Saturday we had a pretty bad time. I had a pretty bad time because I was worried about getting her to her flight on time and we were using it up pretty quickly be taking some wrong turns. None of us had gotten enough information on getting around the airport and I was not prepared for making the twists and turns required to make it to the correct terminal. Plus, we only found out what terminal Victoria needed to be in when we stopped to ask someone doing a curb side bag check. It was not the terminal where we made the inquiry.

Pastor Horton told us at church the next morning that it was the easiest airport anywhere. He has obviously never been to Amarillo or Pensacola. But it was much easier when we took the correct exit and knew what we needed to do to park and meet Victoria. We were walking to the baggage claim area and she came out the door a few feet from us. We were not in the airport for fifteen minutes.

It will be much easier from now on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment