Demo Site

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rain, company news, Victoria’s birthday, wet dogs

I believe the windshield wipers on the company truck I was driving were used more hours yesterday than since the truck was manufactured. I drove most of the four plus hours of the commute in the rain. I am not complaining, it is just an observation. Even with that, we got less than one inch at the farm; less than half of what was originally forecast.


The company announcement yesterday was a pretty big one. It will indirectly affect me and those in my business unit but it will have a very direct impact on several hundred employees in the decision to move the company headquarters to Houston from Midland. One office near Midland will be closed as personnel repopulate the building being emptied in Midland. All this is scheduled to be complete by September.

Along with the relocation, the asset groups within the larger business unit of which we have been one part have been broken out into three business units. We are now realigned with a group in west and south Texas. This will require a restructuring of many levels of management and will directly impact how the training part of my dual role is going to be structured.

At least now I know why I have not heard about the job I have been interviewing candidates for. The person in charge of that decision has been working issues related to yesterday’s announcement. I expect an update soon, but I have no idea how the plan will play itself out. I am as ready as I will ever be. For the group in Borger, the announcement was well received. I am not completely sure what they are expecting.

Today is Victoria’s birthday. It is hard to believe that she is twenty five years old. I am pretty sure Mama and I got her something for the occasion but I cannot remember what. I guess it will be a surprise for me too when she does open the gift. She is very difficult to buy for. Even though her needs are not unique, her likes and dislikes seem to be quite specific and extremely dynamic.

She is looking forward to her trip to Florida which is a little over a week away at the point. I am not sure what she is anticipating in the trip other than to spend a few days with her niece and nephews, but I hope her expectations are met in abundance. I think Cori and Nate will be going to some function during that time so she will get to be the “head child” in the home for a night. Hopefully, not too much spoiling goes on in that twenty four hour timeframe.

With the rain we have been getting the big dogs are no longer white. I know a few days of dry weather will allow them to get back to their original color but for the moment they seem to be in camouflage. Dodger, on the other hand, does not change color as he gets wet and dirty, he just stinks. Mama is after me to get some of the magic ointment that my sister Sarah is using on her dog to get past the wet smell. That will require a special trip to a specific store – one I was right by in Amarillo without being aware of it.

For now, Dodger will have to smell bad, which is normally not a problem for Victoria. Her nose has been plugged up for weeks now. Grandma on the other hand, has no restriction in her nasal passages and tends to be very sensitive to such odors; especially in her house.

It is a good thing she really likes Dodger otherwise he would be on a chain connected to a dog house…outside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment