Demo Site

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Waiting, good news, travel, training

Yesterday afternoon I started working answers to the interview questions I have used for candidates I have interviewed. Regardless of the source, the questions vary very little. I have not received a call to come for an interview but as Edna says,” Luck favors the prepared, Darling.” Besides, as I wait on several dozen other answers and call backs I have the time at the moment.


I did get to give out some pretty good news to my staff yesterday. The payout amounts for the annual company bonus were announced to managers yesterday. I had promised to let everyone know what those awarded amounts would be as soon as I was made aware. In the midst of significant change within the company, it was good to give some encouragement to some very stressed out people. I have not heard from my boss where I stand on the same news, but I will know by default on Monday the 21st.

As I got home yesterday Mama and Victoria were on Skype with Cori and the kids. I do not know what prompted the initial call but they were into books by the time I arrived. Blake was showing a book of animals to Grammy. She, in turn, was showing the pictures from a calendar she had picked up at a farm store in Bowie. The pictures were of farm animals. Grammy’s favorite was the pigs. Grant shot the deep picture several times when it was showed. (There were no animals actually hurt during this Skype exchange.)

Blake seemed very happy to see me. I got to see the booboo that sent him to the emergency room last week. It is good they took the time to get it treated. There were no stitches used to seal up the wound. They used glue to close the skin over the cut. It reminded me of an older gentleman in our church here who was purchasing an air boat in Louisiana last year and ran the boat through a barbed wire fence. He used super glue to close some pretty significant cuts from the accident. His family thought he was nuts. Turns out he was right on track.

I was told that the visit Nate, Cori and the kids were planning in the spring is now postponed due to weddings they have to travel to Ohio to attend. If I am remembering correctly there is one in March and another in May. I know just how much such events can cost the required attendees so I can understand the delay; Grant is a little less prepared for the setback. Depending on the schedule I may be required to keep, we will find a way to work around the deferral.

Victoria is scheduled to be there on Saturday. She already has several assignments; one of which is to be the dog whisperer for Sarge. I wish she could have spent more time around her cousin Trish, whose psychology degree has expanded her ability to communicate on so many levels, not the least of which is canine behavior intervention.

Recently, she tried staring down Fabian and Sarah’s miniature Dachshund after an episode of “bad behavior” and almost got her nose bitten. I think the owners would have happily paid for the treatment of the injury had it occurred, but fortunately, it did not. That small setback was attributed to a “lost cause” case. I hope Victoria’s less educationally rooted techniques will be more productive for both pet and owner.

Time will tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment