Demo Site

Friday, July 22, 2016

Grandpa update, barn progress

Mama, Grandma and Grandpa made it to Amarillo safely yesterday evening. They got to the hospital on time this morning only to have to wait several hours for the blood test results to be sent from the doctors office in Bowie. That put him second on the docket for surgeries. But, even at that they were through before 11am and Grandpa was released by 3 pm with a good report overall. He needs to be still for the remainder of the day to allow the entry wounds in his groin to seal up.



It is still uncertain if this procedure was enough to give him the heart function required to go about daily live without the dizzy spells and constant fatigue. We are all hopeful but only time will tell. God is still in the miracle working business so we will continue to ask for one. 

Mama and her party should come home tomorrow. What time they will head this direction depends on how Grandpa does through the night and into the morning. Most of the complications I have heard about with this procedure have to do with the cuts in the groin so what happens overnight is critical. We are expecting the best possible results with a quick recovery.

I have been working on the goat barn and it is starting to look like what I envisioned at the outset. (Pictures inset) I will have it complete to the point I need for now by the end of the week. It will still lack stalls and barn doors. I am still what type of doors would suit us best in the long term and with the one hundred degree heat right now I do not see the need to close it up.

When I look at where we are now with the goat habitat and where we started, I am pleased with how well it is turning out. I am guessing the area enclosed is close to 3/4 of an acre, so we did not have to sacrifice too much of the pasture to do this. We should have enough space for about a dozen head of goats at a time. That will be our first real income producing livestock for the farm.

Mama sells eggs so we have a small income there but if it is enough to consistently cover the cost of feed I am happy. I am hoping for much more with the goats - and they are fun to boot; not to mention far less messy.

Work on my business is going well but like learning anything new there is a very steep learning curve but I am getting there quickly. I was up a 2 am this morning because I could not sleep. I spent that time writing a script for a video I have been asked to put together. I sent it out for review by those who know how this marketing tool should sound - at 4 am.

I plan, Lord willing, on sleeping through the night tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment