Demo Site

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Happy Fourth of July

I was able to get to the church early this morning to do some online training so I feel like I got a lot done. The call I had with my coach was did not take long so I was able to watch several videos about how to generate traffic. At this moment I am waiting for my funding to be verified so I can proceed with making money and my coach is also chomping at the bit to get me going with the system he has developed for generating sales. I am anxious also.

When I got home Mama and I ate a bite and laid down for a nap. I did not get one. Mama let Rosie out at the same time she laid down and Rosie started barking to get back in just as I was getting good and sleepy. I could not get comfortable again after being disturbed so I got up and went to work on the goat barn…after I had set out a bale of hay for the cattle.

Mama came out about two hours later to check on me and bring me some tea. I had gotten several of the rafters for the loft put in place so it was much easier to tell how the building is going to turn out. I could only hang in for a little over two hours more before i had to quit for the evening. It was about 6:30 pm at that time; too early to sit for the remainder of the evening but too late to start in anything new.

Mama and I decided to use the time to go to the Giesland’s and pick up the micro potbelly pig Rick wanted us to take for him. Since he has only the one and no one really fools with her he felt like the pig might be better off with us. At least she would have the company of out potbelly Mollie. We have to let them get accustomed to each other  for a time or them will fight mercilessly.

Before we went to get the pig we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa’s to visit and ended up spending almost an hour there. Mama showed them both the recent videos and pictures from the grandkids - all of them. Grandpa is still pretty weak and although he had been thinking of not having the heart oblation surgery because of the mounting medical bills he has from recent stent surgeries he does not want to continue feeling the way he does; able to do so little before he has to rest. Keep him in your prayers.

I had to coax Mama out of the house because I knew we would not get away from Rick and Nancy with a short visit, and I was right. We spent over an hour there. Since we stopped at Burger King on the way home it was dark when we got back to the farm to deposit the pig in her enclosure and feed the bottle babies.

Fortunately, the pig is very small. She fit handily in the large dog carrier. When I put her in the carrier in the wheelbarrow Mama and I were able to wheel he across the yard, set the carrier in the enclosure and let her out. She seemed unconcerned about the change of venue. I am hoping she will make a nice addition to our little menagerie. 

With the goats fed and us fed I spent a few minutes covering the saws I have at the goat barn because it looked like it would rain overnight. Even thought the forecast has not called fro rain we have had overnight storms for the past several nights. 


We ended up getting over a half inch of rain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment