Demo Site

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Internet ready at home, a busy schedule to keep

Mama and I have had a few busy days lately. I often wonder what path our lives would have taken if I had retained my job with ConocoPhillips. It is advantageous to have the free time I have right now and Mama and I are taking full advantage of the freedom I now have to spend with her, at the farm, doing the construction on the barn, the well house and the shop. Even though I am still in the beginning stages of making money online I am enjoying myself immensely.

I did not write yesterday because Mama and I were out pretty late and I was hurting pretty badly at the end of the day. I remembered late that evening that we would need a router at the house so when the installer from HughesNet came to do the install this morning we would have the router available. As it turned out, we did not need to have our own. He sold us one that was more comparable with their system.

Mama and I - but mostly I - decided that it would be beneficial to have internet at the house. Those of you who know Mama know that the internet is not high on her priority list. Since we are too far out of the way to get cable or a phone line run to the house, satellite internet was the only way to go. As I did the research, HughesNet looked to be always on the top. I think the  idea to finally get internet installed at the house rose out of the past several days at the church, being interrupted over and over as I tried to work. I realized that that was not a good solution for providing my internet needs if I am to really work this business. Also, I have a high level of confidence in the program I am now involved in so I need to get things lined up properly to succeed.

The installer was here pretty early and had the job done in about two hours. He had brought his dog with him so we put her in the back yard and kept Victoria’s dogs in the house for the duration. I have to admit that it is nice to have internet at the house again; even though it is somewhat limited in how much we can use in our billing cycle. I believe it will benefit me in the long run and it will still keep me accountable while using it as I sit at my desk or at the kitchen table. I am not sure it will be enough to satisfy Jake when he spends a couple weeks with us next month but we will deal with that as needed.

Mama mowed at our house as the installation was being done. I mostly stood by for questions and rested my injured knee. When we had everything set up and the installer was on his way out we loaded up the mower onto the trailer and went to mow at Victoria’s house; hoping to get that done before I had to make a phone consult with the lawyer who is drawing up our estate plan. That meeting was planned for 2 pm.

We ate a small lunch shortly after that meeting was over and headed out to the dairy to get milk and chicken feed. It was a little disappointing to find the silo that he stores the feed in was almost empty. Mama and I got only one bag out of it before we were getting nothing but powder. But we did get one bag - which went with us to church to be given to Alisa and Zach Burns - our associate pastor and his wife. Mama and I will have to go back when the dairy owner lets us know he has more feed. We buy from him because he buys our eggs only if we can assure him that we use non-GMO feeds; like the one he supplies to his egg suppliers.

Mama and I sandwiched a nap between the dairy run and church. We both needed it. Me because I have only gotten four or five hours of sleep per night because of the pains from my recent minor injuries. Mama needed to because she loves her nap. She is much easier to be around if she can get her nap. I must really have needed the rest because I had a very hard time rousing from my little siesta.

Church was fun. I got lots of comments about my black eye - since I lead the singing it is hard to hide. What was more fun was looking at the reactions of those who were too embarrassed to ask about the method of infliction. But I did get the number for a spousal abuse program from one friend; just in case I needed it.

After church I spent an hour listening to a webinar on how to create a webinar. 


That’s busy enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment