Demo Site

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Loving the Ordinary

Today was another ordinary day. Mama and I got up and fed the goat bottle babies and while I came back inside to wash the bottles and do my morning Bible reading, she tended to the pigs, chickens and cows; all of whom are doing well. I enjoy all of them but I take issue with the shedding dogs. Mama sweeps every day to try to keep the shed fur under control, and I appreciate the efforts but it still gets everywhere and on everything.

We are in that season when the temperatures are making thirty degree swings from dawn to dusk and the toll it takes on plants and animals is very easy to see. We water the plants every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evening. To my shame I discovered that I had not been watering heavy enough for some plants because the fig cast off the fruit it was loaded with. (I am assuming that was my fault.)

I went to the church early today and worked until noon. I was scheduled to talk to my coach today but we had to defer that conversation until tomorrow so he could get some things set up in the background. Tomorrow I should be set up and ready to go with my business. I will keep you informed as to how it works out, but I am expecting some good results within the next thirty to sixty days. I will keep you posted as to the progress.

When I got home Mama and I ate a quick lunch then headed to the feed store in Muenster, TX. It is about forty minutes away but we get such a good deal on the feed that it is worth the trip. It takes a chunk out of the day every time we go for feed but it pays me back in the long run. All it kept me from doing is working out in the heat on the goat barn - until later. 

Today was the first time we used the Sequoia for a feed run. The truck is having some turbine sensor issues and we are not taking it on long trips for the moment. I only mention that because we had to ride home with the windows cracked open - and the A/C on max - because Mama did not like the smell of the feed. It did not bother me. Only chemical smells cause my nose to wrinkle. It was not too bad, all in all, just a little hotter than normal for being inside a well cooled vehicle.

After we got all the feed distributed, I did manage to get about an hour and a half worth of work done on the goat barn before I had to get cleaned up to go on Thursday night visitation. During that short time I put the posts in place for the stalls on the south side of the barn so it is starting to look evened out. Everything came out surprisingly square when I was attaching the 2x4 bracing. I was pleased. I will post pictures tomorrow to show the progress.

We should be ordering the metal for the roof and sides next week. Mama insists on going to Wichita Falls for the metal because they offer seconds at a reduced price. She wants red siding and they have a good supply of red seconds for sale. t will be another long trip to pick that up but it will save us enough money to make it worthwhile…I hope.

So, today was pretty ordinary; the fun, pleasant, spent with the right company kind of ordinary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment