Demo Site

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Little successes, Little treasures

Mama and I covered different ground today. She took off for Denton as soon as the animals had been cared for and I stayed home to work though another take of the video I needed to revise. I worked non-stop for four hours to produce a 3 minute 22 second video. 

Some of the first lines in the script I repeated at least forty times. I know this because I discarded 39 videos where I messed up at one point or another in the script. Some of the discarded takes were as long as 3 minutes 12 seconds. Some were as short as 5 seconds.

While I pretended to be a movie star Mama had a great day shopping and returning items. Why women love to return items is beyond me. I would rather throw something away than spend time in the return line - most of the time. But Victoria had several items to return so Mama took the assignment and came out with very high marks.

Mama also went to Sam’s, Kroger’s, Chick-fil-A, JC Penney’s, and a couple other stores in her outing. I did not go mostly because I had work to complete but also because I did not want to hurry her - directly or indirectly. She came home just after I had finished uploading the video for review in quite a happy mood. She had had a very successful day.

The only drawback to the entire shopping foray was that when she went to try on the foot ware she had bought - at a great savings - she opened the box to find only one shoe, or rather sandal,  had made it home with her. Whether or not we will recover the lost mate remains to be seen. She called to announce the loss and the kind clerk who took her call sad they would do their best to find the lone left sandal, but she was not too hopeful.

I expected to get more criticism on the video I shot today but the response was very positive. My mentor pronounced it good enough to move forward. His exact words were “Awesome job. Looks like a pro.” That was encouraging. I am on to my next assignments with him.

Tomorrow Mama and I travel to Brenham to meet with my siblings to assign Mom and Dad’s household items for distribution. It is a sad meeting of sorts but I am praying for a civil if not happy atmosphere as we discuss who gets what of the furniture items, pictures, clocks, rugs, lamps and dishes, etc.

I do not want to build a memorial to Mom and Dad. The heritage they have given me is far more precious than that. But, there are memories that I would like to cary forward with me and each item they collected, now passed on to us as heirs, are little reminders of who they were and what they treasured.

I have no idea what my children will want of what Mama and I have, but I will gather some of the memorabilia of their grandparents to pass along to them one day.  

I read a plaque once that said, “You are either a fountain or a drain.” Mama certainly was a fountain for me today. I have not touched enough lives today to know which I have been, but this weekend I hope to be a fountain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment