Demo Site

Thursday, August 13, 2020

A good night, pre-op, deliveries, Maggie’s B-day

We had a good night with Rosalee. Mama put her down a little after 8 pm. She fussed a bit but fell asleep within a few minutes, waking this morning at 8 am. Mama and Victoria treated her ears last night and it seemed to help. She is acting like she feels better this morning. She is a happy baby in the mornings as long as you do not ask too much of her. She squirms around on Mama’s lap for a half hour each morning, then gets down to explore.

So far, she has been more interested in keeping close to Mama than in entertaining herself with the many toys we have available in the living room. We are still not able to get her to eat or drink much. That is problematic but I suppose she will eat when she gets hungry or we offer her something she really likes. Unfortunately, we do not what food items she favors. A few bites here and a few bites there is all she takes in. Her not drinking is more problematic than her not eating. Mama is a little more aggressive on that issue, but she is making little headway. Again, since we do not know her preferences, we are experimenting with different offerings. Mama will take her back to Gabriella later this morning. We will miss her.

I laid down last night at the same time that the baby did. I was up before she was but not by much. We stayed home from church last night. I did not have the energy to get ready to go. I needed to water the plants I try to care for every evening because today and tomorrow are supposed to be very hot – over 105° - but I did not have enough energy to do so. I will try to catch up tonight but that remains to be seen. I cannot miss too many evenings, or I will lose the trees and bushes I am trying to baby through the heat and drought. That is why I am hoping that I do not have to stay in the hospital after my procedure. Mama will not trade my health for a few plants, but I worry over them none the less. If I am not able to water them, there is little chance of them getting watered.

Tomorrow morning Mama and I have to be at the hospital for my pre-op bloodwork and surgery-day instructions. The timing is awkward, right in the middle of the morning, but we will make it work. My management has been very generous to me regarding the time I need to make it to these appointments, so I will not have to use personal time off for the appointment. That helps. I am actually looking forward to getting this procedure done next Tuesday in spite of the risks. I’m anxious to find out what is going on so we can treat the issue. If, in fact, it is treatable.

Saturday, Mama and I are delivering two goats to a buyer in Weatherford. It will not be a long trip, thankfully. Mama was working with another buyer who wanted two of our little girl goats, but we have not heard back from that buyer. We all have busy lives to live while we take care of our animal herds. If that sale goes through, we will have done very well marketing our goats this year. Even if that sale does not work out, we will have made significant income from selling goats. The sales we have completed so far will pay for a half year’s supply of feed for all the animals we have on the farm. That is a pretty good tradeoff for our small farming operation.

Today is Maggie’s birthday. I do not know which one, but I know the date. Hopefully, her husband and children give her a special day. Happy Birthday Maggie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment