Demo Site

Monday, August 17, 2020

Goat delivery, news from Lawton, Pastor quarantined, rain

 

Mama and I headed out Saturday morning to meet our buyer for the two goats Mams sold– our little male and one of our young females. Bonny, the buyer suggested we meet on the parking lot of Target in Weatherford. It is about an hour drive for us. A little less for her. We go there in plenty of time. Enough that I could run Mama to the Lowe’s adjacent to Target and let her use the bathroom. When we got to the part of transferring the goats to her vehicle, they were a mess. The little male had peed – a lot -  in the crate and must have spent the entire trip laying in his own urine. He was a mess. The little female had also peed and pooped in her carrier, but was not as wet or as messy as the male. It was just plain nasty getting them from the crates in the back of the truck into the crate in the back of the buyer’s car. My gloves were soaked with urine by the time I had handled both of the goats over to Bonny, but she was very happy with the goats. Bonny has the Texas bloodline of the myotonic goats. We have the Tennessee bloodline. In the near future we are going to trade some young ones to get into the Texas bloodline. That should be fun.

After the goats were dropped off, we went to lunch. I was not excited about eating since right now nothing has much flavor to me.  We also did a little shopping while we were in a place to do so. Mama got an organizer she had been looking for and a couple other little items. The organizer was not marked with a price so we had to wait at checkout to fund out he cost. I am not sure if the store employees were communicating clearly on the item because we got it for about a quarter of what we expected. We did not argue.

We did not stay long in Weatherford even though Mama’s shopping drive had fully engaged. I was not up to doing too much. I was ready to go home. However, on the way to Weatherford, I spotted a sign advertising Duroc piglets for sale. We went home the way we had come so we could find the place again and thought we had missed it. It was further out from Weatherford than either of us had remembered but we found the place and got the number. Mama called to see if they had any piglets available. They do. We may get a couple. We will see. Mama and I both miss having pigs on the farm. We are going to wait and see how things go tomorrow before we commit to anything else to care for in our feeding routine.

After several texts to Glenn, we got word back finally. He told us that this week our home on Dover Ave in Lawton will be complete and ready to be rented. In my last text to him, I let him know that I am going in for heart surgery tomorrow and was wondering if anything happened to me, would Mama have any income coming from our two houses in Lawton. He was inspired to respond to that text. Anyway, we are making progress albeit very slowly. Our coach told us when we first started this journey, be patient. She was right in that. I cannot argue with the pace of the progress. Right now there is nothing I can do to help hurry it along.

I went to church yesterday morning. It was more of a struggle than I had thought it would be. I did not attempt to lead the singing. I had to lay down as soon as we got through with lunch. I slept for almost four hours. That afternoon Pastor called to tell me he had been exposed to someone with the COVID virus and would be in quarantine for two weeks. He had helped a relative move over the weekend. That relative was suffering from pneumonia. It was not until he got to the hospital and was tested for COVID that he realized he had that infection as well. We will be praying for him and our pastor. Our main concern is for our Pastor’s wife, Joyce. She is terrified of getting COVD. We are certainly praying the he does not get it.

I stayed home last night. I was able to listen to the entire service online. It was a great service. Pastor had an evangelist preach and sing last night. He was entertaining and instructional in the message he preached. It was not the same as being there, but it was better than missing entirely. I hope to be leading the singing next Sunday. We will see.

Just as Mama and Victoria left for church, a storm started to blow through. It was a fierce one. The winds were over 50 mph, blowing in from the East. The temperature dropped from 103° to 76° in about thirty minutes. The rain came much later. Mostly overnight. We ended up with about a half inch of rain in total. That was a blessing – especially with the lower temperatures. Any rain we get in August is appreciated.

Mama and I will be leaving the house at 4 am tomorrow. My procedure is scheduled for 6 am. Hopefully, we will know a course of action from that diagnostic work. Hopefully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment