Demo Site

Friday, August 21, 2020

Better, Scripture and song, Mama’s thinking

Having limited my meds, I am feeling better. Yesterday I got through the day without feeling like I needed to rest every little bit. I even got a couple little things done outside late that evening. That was a significant improvement over the past two weeks. My blood pressure is a little higher than I would like but the tradeoff is worth the risk for now.  Just having gotten back in from helping Mama feed, my blood pressure was 130/76. Not bad. If I can work with the doctor’s to get onto and properly adjust the dosages of the blood pressure medications they are wanting me to take – without killing me in the process – I should come out of this alright.

Mama and I have a habit of doing our Scripture reading every morning. It is a good habit. It keeps us in the Bible and allows us to read through the Bible each year. However, I still struggle to memorize Scripture. I have a lot of verses in my head and my heart, I just cannot always remember the reference of many of those verses. Fortunately, it is easy to locate the references by just using a Bible app on my phone. I have committed to doing better this year and I am making progress, but I am more inclined to remember the words to a song than to remember the address of the scriptures I know. That is why it is important to know songs of doctrine and faith that are based on the scriptures I am trying to learn to reference properly. I have been going to bed reciting (with their address)  and have been waking up each morning with a song. Today the song was:

I found a friend who is all to me.

His love is ever true.

I love to tell how He lifted me and what His grace can do for you.

Saved by His power Divine.

Saved to new life sublime.

Life now is sweet and my joy is complete,

For I’m Saved! Saved! Saved!

 

What a way to greet the morning!

This weekend, I cannot do much of the things I might feel well enough to do because of my lifting restrictions but Mama and I might make a rather long drive to pick up some hay. We will make the calls later this morning. The seller is about two hours away – East of us. We need the special hay for the goats otherwise I would buy hay locally. I hate to have to spend five hours just getting hay for the goats, but we have very few options to buy the hay we need any closer to us. At least, none that I have found yet. I have been feeding the goats some coastal hay, but they do not like it. They eat it only when there is literally nothing else to eat and right now, there is literally nothing else to eat.

I started working on a shelf for the coffee bar Mama and Victoria set up. I am making slow progress, but that could take a giant step forward this weekend. I have been running through ideas on how to mount that shelf and I think I have finally settled on a design I can live with. Other than making those mounts and getting the final coats of varnish on the wood, the shelf should be ready very soon. Mama and Victoria will be pleased. I will be happy to get some of the mugs out of the cabinet and hung on that shelf. We have way too many mugs but hanging some on the shelf will spread them out somewhat and help with the clutter I struggle with in the cabinet.

Mama was comfortably sitting in her office when she realized the time. She had set an appointment for Mocha to get groomed and was very close to being late to that appointment. Mama’s day is not measured in hours or minutes. It is measured in events. Today those events include getting Mocha to the groomers, getting Aubrey for a couple hours and cleaning a corner of the house. Those three events make for a busy day for Mama. Mama rarely allow more than three events on a single day. That, to her, is overwhelming. It took me a while to figure out the process by which she fills her day since my mind works completely differently. But I think I have gotten the thought process down on that scheduling process. I have learned to work her events into my day as part of my routine – which is set up in hour increments. An overwhelming view of a day for Mama. Together, we make it work.

I am hoping to be well enough to lead the singing Sunday. At the rate I am improving, that should be achievable. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment