Demo Site

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The coffee bar update, an interesting video, back on schedule, planning

Yesterday evening I was able to get the shelf hung for the coffee bar. I did not think I would be able to do so because I could not find the wall anchors I needed for the project. It is not particularly heavy, but the shelf is not light. It weighs about fifteen pounds since it is made from oak recovered from a pallet. Once I did find the anchors, I started to line out the hanging process. When the anchors were in the wall, I put the metal art inside the shelf and tried to get the screws in place at the points provided in the metal art. That was a no-go. The washers welded into the metal art were inset more than an inch and I could not hold the frame, get the screw into place and line up the holes in the shelf with the anchors in the wall. It was very frustrating. What I ended up doing was starting all the screws in the shelf brackets, through the washers in the metal art to get all the screw in place before holding the shelf in place. Then, with the screws started I had to hold the shelf and art piece up and try to locate the first anchor in the wall. It eventually worked out, but it was a frustrating process to get there. All in all, it looks good where it hangs.

The only issue we had once the shelf was hung is that the hooks I put on the shelf to hang mugs were to small the accommodate the thick handles of most of our mugs. Mama and I will have to go to Lowes to get larger hooks before we can hang any mugs. The holes for the hooks are already made for those new hooks so it is just a matter of removing the small hooks and replacing them with larger ones. We should be able to get those hooks today when Mama goes to get Aubrey for her daily preschool lessons. Mama is having a little bit of an issue getting Aubrey to learn her alphabet – enough to recognize the letters in any meaningful way. Once we get past that mental block, she should learn quickly.

Bro Shaw encouraged me to look at a video that he was sent by someone who is a student of prophesy. The link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtATSQx3cjI  - will take you to a video produced in 2018 by a group who presents the idea that the entire timeline for human history (including the End of Time) is represented in the very first word of the Bible which we translate, in the beginning. The entire video is about an hour long but the drawing that accompanies the dialogue is so well done and entertaining, that the time passes quickly. It is worth looking at if you have the time to accomplish it in one setting. The idea presented outlines a very short timeframe before the rapture of the Church. Whether the timeline is accurate or not, we have to come to terms with the idea that the time we are here is a very short time and we must prioritize our work for the Lord above all else in our lives.

I am back on schedule as far as the training schedule for my work is concerned. I will pick back up on that schedule this week. I have at least one class per week. Some weeks there are two class scheduled and in the first week of October I am scheduled to present an in-person class in Houston on a Saturday. Hopefully, Mama will go with me to that class and we can go to Galveston that weekend. Time will tell. I missed two weeks in my schedule due to my medical issues, so the company is very happy to have me back on track. Those who scrambled to backfill me are extremely relieved as well. No one is more pleased than I am to be able to cover my schedule.

Mama is stressing out about putting together a fabulous day for our birthday bash September 5th. We are trying to get some things together to provide games and fun activities for everyone who will be here. Covering the age groups is a challenge, but I am sure she will figure it out. Bounce houses are not available and the Laser Tag she was looking at is very expensive for the hour they allow to use the range they set up. So, we are looking at some unusual yard games and other activities. I am sure we will have fun. There is certainly a lot of thought going into it. Meanwhile, I am looking at the menu we will use during the time everyone will be here – much of which will be smoked or grilled. Accumulating those food items will be first on my agenda. It will all work out. We just have to plan our work and work our plan while we empty our savings to do so.

Just kidding. We have a budget for the event. That really frustrates Mama.


0 comments:

Post a Comment