Demo Site

Monday, March 3, 2014


Mama’s and my week in the panhandle went very well for both of us. She got to go shopping and did a lot of visiting with friends in Amarillo. I got to go to work and have a little over twenty separate meetings. Some of those meetings were very difficult because they were something close to a reprimand to the individual in question. Not the type of meeting that is warm and fuzzy.

Mama and I met with our CPA on Tuesday evening and got all our tax information to him. He called with a couple questions but other than that he got right to work on our file. He had it ready by Friday morning and Mama and I were able to sign off on the paperwork. For the first time in several years we actually got a refund! I was very pleased about that turn of events.

We went to church at Central Baptist Wednesday night and had a great time there with the friends we still have in that congregation. It put us back to the hotel at a little after 11 pm but it was worth the time to get Mama there. The last time I went to a Wednesday night service everyone wanted to know about Mama. This time they all got to catch up on life events – it took a while but it was a good time for Mama.

On the way out of town Friday morning we stopped in Borger so I could look at a rifle a friend of mine had. It was the caliber I had been looking for and was in the perfect price range for me. I told Mama I did not need a Weatherby or something fancy for no more than I get to hunt. The rifle turned out to be a Vanguard – manufactured by Weatherby. God is very good.

We took a friend of ours on the trip with us. Kim Cantrell has children and grandchildren in Pampa so she hitched a ride with us. It was a pleasant trip. I am sure we will repeat the process in the future. The Cantrell’s were missionaries in Ecuador until Kenny’s health forced them to come home. They now run a ministry to police, firefighters and first responders as well as military personnel. It is called Boots and Badges. They are great people. Kim has become a true friend for Mama.

We are having revival services at our church this week. Yesterday God really moved in the morning service. Mama, Victoria and I went home excited to come back that evening, but we did not make it. The weather turned very bad Sunday morning and it took us almost an hour to get home. We did not try to get out after we slipped and slid out way to the farm. We will make it the rest of the week but we really hated missing last night.

This morning I had to wait until daylight to drive to the office. The roads were not too bad, but I am glad I drove here in the daylight. On the way I was listening to a report of a thirty mile backup of cars on I-45 heading north from Houston into Dallas . Many of the people in that idled traffic had been there for over twelve hours.

I cannot imagine what that would be like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment