Demo Site

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Yesterday, fixes and repairs


We had a lot going on at the farm yesterday morning so I ended up going in late. The biggest concern was getting Victoria to work after we had dropped off her car at a mechanic last night for the air conditioner to be replaced. The other was the delivery of the mower I had bought at a dealer here in Decatur. I wanted to be there for the delivery because Mama feels better if she is not alone at the farm when these things happen.

Unfortunately, the young man that was set to deliver the mower was sent out on a service call first thing yesterday rather than being sent to deliver the mower. Both Victoria and I needed to get to work before the mower arrived. Mama is thrilled with the mower when it did finally arrive. I am pleased we now have the machine we need to keep the farm trimmed up.

The only bad news in the arrival of the mower is that I will have to level out the yard to use it effectively. Right now it is a pretty rough ride as you pass through the areas we are going to mow. The yard took Mama about three minutes to get done with the 60” cut of this mower. I got on it for a few minutes last night and promptly ran the discharge shoot into the upright of one of our trailers. It bent it up a bit. Now I suppose I have to keep it.

Since I was late in getting to the office I stayed a little later than I usually do. On the way out of town I stopped to look at a ladder a friend of a friend has for sale. I found the place where the ladder was supposed to be but I did not find the ladder. I could not linger too long because we had an appointment to drop off Samson at the vet by 5:30 pm so I hurried home.

Mama and I ate a quick bite of dinner and we loaded up Samson on the back seat of the truck and headed out. He was easy enough to handle but it was clear he was not thrilled about the situation. I will have to get one of those sticky pad rollers to collect the hair he shed in the truck. Fortunately it was only a ten minute trip.

We elected to have the vet keep him overnight since we have no good way to contain him at the farm. He will have surgery today to keep him from producing offspring and hopefully settle his wanderlust when those scents are in the air. He will not have fond memories of this ride. It is one of those necessary things to get done. It will eliminate a lot of problems in the future.

I am supposed to meet with the lady who is selling the ladder today but I will not be able to take the ladder at this time. I brought Victoria’s car today since the rear driver’s side tire picked up something that is keeping it from holding air. Mama will take it to the shop this morning to get it repaired. Hopefully it is an easy fix.

If the ladder is something I can use. I will have to work out a day to get it later on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment