Demo Site

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Travel, trucks, Chase, rocky bananas


Mama and I traveled yesterday as planned but not to Houston. At about 2 pm I got an email from a contact in the Borger office requesting I meet with him and the building owner at 10 a.m. Wednesday morning. I asked my boss which he preferred I do, attend the meeting in Borger or the training in Houston. He picked the Borger meeting.

Mama decided to come along since she can do some visiting and shopping here. We brought the Flex even though the vehicle is in bad need of new tires, so we could look into trading it off for a truck at one of the many dealers in Amarillo. Since all the hotels were booked in both Borger and Dumas we ended up staying in Amarillo. Mama was really happy about that.

We went to one dealer we always check out in Amarillo and found a truck we had not heard of before. It was the third or fourth one we had looked over and for some reason it caught Mama’s eye. It was a Dodge 2500 Diesel Megacab. The cab is huge for a truck. The back seats actually recline back or fold down forward to make a large flat surface. Mama and I were both very impressed. It, like all other trucks right now, was not cheap but Mama is headed back this morning to see if she can work out an acceptable deal.

We met with Chase by himself at the hotel last night and talked for over an hour. Mama came away from the conversation a little relieved about the pending nuptials but we are still a little concerned about the lack of any spiritual focus in the lives of Chase and Makaila. We are praying that that will change as the Lord begins to work in their lives. We (our family) will be their only source of encouragement on that front since her family does not go to church and Chase and Makaila are struggling just to make it to Sunday services.

While here Mama is also investigating the cost of blocking out rooms for those we will have traveling to the wedding. With the ongoing demand for hotels in the area it is going to be quite costly. We will work it all out but I will have to set aside more than I had originally thought. Not a big issue, just an adjustment so we can enjoy the wedding – and visiting family.

I am working out of the Borger office this morning and Mama and I are planning on returning to Bowie tomorrow morning unless our personal business in Amarillo keeps us here through Thursday. I can always work out of the office here for an extra day if necessary and head back to the farm on Friday. We will plan on leaving earlier than we did last time we were here so we will not miss RU.

Lee Davis is going to come to the farm on Saturday and replace the faulty hot water heater so Victoria will finally have the basic amenities for the mobile home. With that we will be set for a decade or more with hot water service – I hope. When I told Lee about the mix up he got a really good laugh. It took me a little longer to see the humor when we got home that Friday night but I eventually got there.

I was not mad at Lee. I was really frustrated with myself for not catching the error in communication that seemed so obvious when I played back the many conversations we had about the needed repair. Perhaps it will make a good storyline someday.

Blake just asked him mommy why bananas are so “rocky”?

After some discussion she figured out he was talking about the curve of the fruit, like a rocking horse.

I am not sure how she finally answered – once she finished laughing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment