Demo Site

Friday, October 24, 2014

Another offer submitted, coming weekend


After calling up the place that Mama found for sale Wednesday night on Google Earth to see how it was situated I was pretty interested. After I saw where it was and that it was only twelve miles from the office I drove over to look at it. I was very impressed. I called Mama and told her we need to meet there that morning so we could compare notes.

She came out with Grandpa about a short while later and we walked over the place for about an hour. While we were there five cars drove down the road to look the place over. I knew that was the intent of all the visitors because the place sits at the end of a dead end road with no other homes on the road. There was no other reason for anyone to be there.

I had Mama call our realtor – who was out of town yesterday – to have her put together an offer right away. We offered the full asking price. Through the magic of electronic signatures and digital media we had the offer in the hands of the selling realtor by 5 pm. He will present the offer this morning at 8:30.

There was so much activity on the place that we have no idea if we will be considered to purchase the place, but we are hopeful. The selling realtor told our realtor that there were more than ten showings yesterday. I think they should have had an open house. It would have been easier.

We are praying that we can buy this place but it is in God’s hands. Grandpa liked the place more than the property in Alvord – which is still up in the air as to whether the people that have it under contract will pull off the purchase. Our backup offer is only good through Monday. We keep finding these “hidden gems” only to discover they are not very well hidden after all.

So we are in limbo as to a property to move to. Looking back, we thought it would be difficult to find a buyer for the farm. Yet that happened very quickly. We never imagined it would be difficult to find a place to purchase. Yet here we are.

Grandpa is going to work on the Ranger pickup today. It has a head gasket leak. I did some research online and found a material for plugging the leak – and some revised instructions for using that material. I shared that information with Grandpa and he is going to give it a try. The mechanic that put together the educational video said that his shop has had an 85% success rate with it. If it works I will have to regain insurance on the little truck.

I am hoping to complete the trim on the shower in the apartment this weekend. To do so I will have to unbury the table saw for a couple hours. After I get that done I may get on the tractor and brush hog for a couple hours. I need some time alone with a relatively mindless task so I can disconnect for a little while.

I imagine Mama is feeling the same way.

Update: Mama called me at 11:30 to tell me we go the house in Chico.
Praise the Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment