Demo Site

Friday, October 3, 2014

Walking away, trash, Brittany


Mama and I received the news yesterday that we had been outbid on the property in Alvord. I was ready to walk away but Mama insisted on putting in one more offer. It was not enough to win the contract. Mama was pretty bummed out and our real estate agent was heartbroken for Mama. I was a little disappointed and felt the loss was because I was being too cautious but it is all in God’s hands. We will regroup and begin again.

It did teach us a lesson – that if we really see value in the property we need to be more aggressive in getting it under contract rather than trying to save a few thousand dollars. The realtor that negotiated the sale of our farm in Bowie advised us thusly, “Don’t let your money get mad.” In other words, when you like what you see, if it has real value to you, buy it. Don’t let your quest for a bargain get your emotions twisted up.

I took some time last night and finished the grout of the tile in the shower in the apartment. It turned out pretty well. At the very least, it looks better than it did with the little white spacers sticking out from between the tile. I also took some time to discard some more items from the farmhouse –trying to make the best use of the dumpster while we have it.

Mama was in the mobile home making calls letting everyone know we were not going to get the Alvord property so I went to sit with her but I got up and looked in the fridge. I had to nearly empty it out because of the shriveled, molded and rotting items inside. It is a good thing that the dumpster is going to be emptied tomorrow. It would not take long for the items I placed in it to stink as they warm up. Between the two sources we managed to fill the dumpster.

Brittany, aka, Princess Sparkles, called me yesterday and was telling me about her last day at work. During the day her coworkers would put a small gift on her desk every time she stepped away. One was a bad of Reece’s Pieces. It sat on a card that said, “We will miss you to…” with an arrow pointing to the pieces. Cute! And just down Brittany’s alley.

She is going to concentrate on school work over the next few months but especially when they move to Altus, OK where Andrew is to be stationed for a period of time. While they are there they will be only about three hours from me and Mama. It should provide more opportunities to visit before they are stationed in the UK.

Tomorrow evening, Mama and I are planning to meet the seniors from the church at a restaurant in Gainesville. It is always fun to hang out with that group. Mama and I will meet them rather than driving to Decatur, then to Gainesville, then back to Decatur, then back to Bowie. Besides, a feed store there had some bargains on feed that we need at the farm. It will put Mama ahead for the coming several months. It can always be relocated with us.

I have a small list of “to do” items for Saturday but, if I know Mama, we will be looking at properties somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment