Demo Site

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Travel, looking but nit finding, the little van


I spent the day on the road yesterday. I met with my staff in Elk City, OK. Most of the ladies in my group had to travel to make the meeting but it was about equal distance for each office to meet in that location. We had a productive meeting; managed to get a lot of little issues addressed. Now my work begins as I follow up on various requests they had.

Mama and Victoria spent the day in Denton getting new phones – oh joy! They were each equally excited and exasperated as they tried to reestablish the games, contacts and other items on the new devices. It will take some time to get everything done and Mama will need lots of help in the process but we should be close in a day or two – depending on Victoria’s availability. For the moment both of them are carrying two phones each.

I was not overly impressed by the iPhone 6 tablet – whatever they call the biggest one they are now selling. It is too big for me. I had problems holding the device because it is so slick. I asked Mama if there was a cover available for it and she told me there is a “bumper pad” for it. I will not handle the phone until I am sure I can hang on to it. For the size, I would rather have an iPad.

Once Mama and Victoria were back in Decatur they met with the realtor and looked at a large log home on fifteen acres. I was curious to see the setup of the house and outbuildings – as well as the proximity to what looked like another house very near the one we were interested in seeing. As it turned out, the log home was set us as a retreat facility rather than as a home. As such, it has a very small kitchen, no master suite and fairly undefined living areas – more like meeting rooms with dormitory space.

Mama loved the house; Victoria not so much. I will go see it on Friday but I am not excited by what I can see on Google maps or by the report from Mama and Victoria. The sale is the result of a pending divorce and the nearby house, the residence for the conference/retreat building is being retained by one of the offended parties. It would have to be a great find for me to pay the asking price for what looks to be a headache in the making just to dissociate the two properties; set fence lines and agreed boundaries, etc.. Mama was pretty bummed out by my lack of enthusiasm.

The weeks are starting to pile up on us as we look for another place to live and I have to admit a sense of desperation setting in for both me and Mama. I know the Lord will work it all out, but as we watch one property after another come and go, we are a little apprehensive about still being able to find the right one. The real blessing underlying all the insecurity is that we still have a place to live. That, in and of itself, is a blessing only the Lord could have put together.

Our Uplander is still at the shop. I talked to the mechanic Monday evening on my way home and he told me he has not spent much time on the car since he was out of town for a few days last week. He thinks the problem is in the alarm module but he is not totally sure. We should know more this week. We miss having the little van at our service. I am not overly worried about the charge to fix it.

The mechanic has been very fair in everything he has done for us in the past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment