Demo Site

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A place for Mama, scheduling conflicts, coming events


I could be that our search for a house and property is over. Peggy is very seriously looking into selling us her house. I do not know if that is the way things will eventually work out but it is a stronger possibility than it was a month ago. The only caveat is that the price is above the very high end of prices we were considering. Imagine that, that is where Mama usually takes me. (I covet your prayers in that matter.)

Mama and I are expecting to hear soon from the man that came to the farm last week but if we do not we will continue to do what we are doing to fix up the farm and complete the projects I have started. It gives me something to do while we wait on the Lord. Someone will get a nice place when they buy our farm.

Mama and I are planning on going back to Decatur this evening to get her Daisy May. She has been running with a beautiful Angus bull for a couple months now. We are hoping that in early summer next year we will have our first calf. I am not sure where will have Daisy May when she has this calf but by that time we should be well settled – wherever the Lord has us. It won’t be much of a herd but it will be a start. Mam and I enjoy reproducing her pets.

I have a conflict this weekend. I have arranged for a couple friends to come over and help me get the repairs done to the roof of the apartment but I also have a company picnic to attend. I know which I will give precedent to but I will suffer the backlash (it won’t be that much) of not attending the company function I advocated for with my supervision. The ladies that work for me have been working very hard to get this pulled together. They will not be the least bit happy with me.

I have been getting the roof prepared for the metal roofing on the tall section of the shop and it would be great to have help getting all that in place also but the focus, while I have the extra manpower, will be the repairs I cannot do very effectively by myself. The process of affecting the needed repairs has been a long, painfully slow process for me and I will be grateful and relieved to get it done.

Jake will be flying in on the 7th of August; the day before Mama’s and my 32nd anniversary. In light of that we are planning on going to Dallas Thursday evening for our anniversary dinner. She wants to go to Texas de Brazil. As it so happens, that is the restaurant the committee here has picked for the Christmas Dinner this year. We will get a chance to check it out and report back to the folks here.

It should be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment