Demo Site

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Poor Mama, Poor Blake


Poor Mama. She had quite a day yesterday. I had her order some gravel yesterday and the same time that she was writing out the check to pay for it’s delivery to the farm a young man drove up to the shop because he was interested in seeing the farm. So, she spent an hour showing him the property, including the old farm house.

In ways, it is a little unnerving to have someone just show up. Who knows their real intent? There are those who will come to see what else we have at the farm in the way of tools and equipment knowing that we are not always there to watch over it. We just have to keep on trusting that the Lord will keep us safe from those with less than honorable intentions. But on the flip side, we want to be welcoming to anyone who is really interested in the farm.

Besides ordering the gravel I had asked Mama to take the car to have the oil changed. It is one of those things that I really do not want to take the time to do when I can easily have someone who is better equipped to do it for us. On top of that, Mama had scheduled an appointment with the dentist to get her crown put on. She was close to overbooked.

She managed to get everything done and get to the dentist a little early. I met her there a little after 3 pm. It took only a few minutes to get the crown in place so we went to Lowe’s to get some of the items I needed for several projects and to pick up a dishwasher – which Mama insisted be put in the trailer rather than the apartment.

When we got home I worked on the tall part of the shop applying the brackets that will hold the two by sixes to the frame so I can attach the metal roof. I did not get very far because it was later than I usually get home and because it was brutally hot and humid. But the fifteen or so clamps I put on helped move the project forward a little.

Poor Blake. I seem to have stirred up a controversy when he was here in Texas with us. We had a birthday party for him at the pool at Peggy’s house. It was not really his actually birthday – that was yesterday. Anyway, I told him that since we were having a party he must be having a fourth birthday and when he got back to Florida and had another birthday party it would have to be his fifth birthday. So he gets to turn five years old sooner.

Mykenzie and Grant have spent a good amount of emotional energy trying to convince Blake that he is still only four years old. Oops!

Mama and Victoria are going to a ladies meeting at the church tonight. It is the annual revealing of the Secret Sister. I do not think either of them had a secret sister this year but all the ladies were invited and they always have a great time when they do go.

I have a dishwasher to install.

0 comments:

Post a Comment