Demo Site

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Heat complications, our current mess


Mama ended up going to the ladies meeting by herself last night. Victoria was not feeling well. I do not know if Mama left early enough to go by and look at a couple pf properties before going to church (that was in her original plan) but I will get the update later today. We are, thankfully, finding more options for a property lately - which is very encouraging. I did not want this move to be a step up in debt but rather a level to lowering of our total debt load – and closer to church. I have no idea how all this will turn out but we are enjoying the journey.

I did not get much done last night because the only battery I have for the drill I use for the work I am doing on the roof ran out of juice pretty quickly – at least it seemed so to me. The brackets I bought at Lowe’s are different than those I had in the past. They require more drill power to set the bolts in the brackets. Hence, the limited number I can do with the older battery powered drill I have.

It gave me the chance to get the tractor and move some of the newly delivered gravel to the areas I got it for. I put several loads at the front porch of the apartment and at the garage door of the shop. I spread out the gravel at the garage door but I ran out of juice to do the porch area.  The heat and humidity were both pretty high last night. I was a soaking wet mess in short order.

I mostly wanted to get the gravel in place so I can keep Sam from digging the massive holes he feels compelled to excavate in order to turn up some cool dirt; which he then wallows in and shakes off in my shop. In showing the farm the caverns he has created have been a particularly obvious eye sore. Besides, I hope to get the concrete poured for the porch next month and the gravel is a prerequisite for the concrete work.

I have to sweep the shop out every day because of Sam’s mess he deposits everywhere he lays down. Mama has to sweep the rug in the apartment every day because of the mess Kira leaves behind everywhere she lays. While Sam sheds dirt Kira is shedding handfuls of fur – mostly on our furniture and rugs – and it has become a challenge to keep up with in both living areas.

Mama is loath to keep her outside because it has been brutally hot. With the double coat that her breed of dog has the heat is more oppressive than for some other breeds. Even Rosie, who usually loves to bask in the sun, has not wanted to be out for more than a few minutes at a time. This too shall pass.

Someone once said that life is what happens while you are waiting for your plans to work out. Probably many people have said something similar, but it still rings true. It is still good to have a plan but when we invest too much emotional energy in that plan we miss the things happening around us that shape the outcomes of our lives.

Some cases in point are the disturbing things happening in the United States and the world around us; the national unemployment rates, which are far higher than reported, the crushing burden of our national debt, the crisis of illegal immigration, the fighting in Eastern Europe, the fighting in Israel, the genocide in Sudan, etc. While all this is going on the stock market continues to climb to new heights.

Something is not right. I’m not sure what’s wrong or what to do about it, but it warrants more attention than we are now giving to it. God is still in control.

Our hope is not in this world; thankfully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment