Demo Site

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Minor disappointments, limited options, hopeful outlooks

I try not to write when I am down (disheartened, disappointed) but life has a way of giving you those days also. So every now and then I have to remind myself that it’s not about me. It is not about meeting my expectations or ambitions; however, I still do need to find the money somewhere to keep us here at the farm - which is one area of our lives that God is really blessing - and keep all the bills paid up. 

Until this month that had been a fairly easy task since Mama and I had a fairly large reserve to draw from. But, as is true with any supply, when you withdraw continuously and do not make any deposits, you are going to run out. So I sit here today pondering the sale of the Sequoia. It was bought for such a time as this but I really did not think it would come to this. Perhaps it hasn’t but I still need to work the numbers just to be prepared.

My online marketing business still looks very promising but has yet to generate any cash. That is a difficult issue to address. I am getting lots of help but am languishing financially. So, as always when we reach these crossroads, it is time to bear down in prayer. I have not seen God move yet.I firmly believe He started me on this path so I will keep moving forward until another avenue opens up - and trust the Lord.

Mama and I are planning on selling one of our cows with her calf - and hopefully bred back - when we get her back onto the property late this month. We need to get rid of her anyway because she is too wild to handle and the timing is really good financially speaking. That will put us down to a reasonable number to feed out through the winter and into the Spring as we wait for the other three bred cows to calve.

The part I ordered for the fridge came in this afternoon and I thought I could tell by looking at it that it was not what I needed but I took apart the cover for the control assembly. It required removing a large back panel inside the fridge and was disappointed to discover that my initial assessment was correct. It was not the part I needed. So everything is back together without any repairs being made while I try to figure out what to do next. Hopefully, we can get this problem solved before Mama gets too attached to the second refrigerator in her kitchen.
Victoria, Grandpa and Grandma had a workday at Victoria’s house this morning. It was more like a work morning but it was an encouragement to Victoria. Nothing has gotten done for many months since Grandpa has been in  and out of hospitals. Since I am not allowed to participate it has all been riding on his recovery. It is good to see him feeling better enough to get the whole project started again.

Right now he is beginning to run the electric so power can be run to the house. He is also having Mama and Victoria get estimates on the installation of a septic system. If you remember back, the electric is what I got in trouble for a couple months back and all I did was call the power company to see what we needed to get the hookups ready at the house. Someone had told Grandpa something about needing a special type of wire to be run - something I had never heard or - and that pretty much shut him down. So I called fro clarification and to meet the lineman at the one morning just to be sure we had not missed anything. We had not. 


So the project can now move forward…just without me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment