Demo Site

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Property shopping, small victories, those with loss

Mama spent most of the day today traveling to look at a property with Grandma and Grandpa. Those excursions are always better when I do not go along. By the way Mama described the property - fifteen acres with a mobile home - it was not one they will go back to look at again. Not that it was a particularly bad property but it was far enough out that it would have had to be much better to attract them as a buyer. So the search continues.

Mama had to drive because there is an issue with Grandpa’s truck that kept him from using it instead. It is not a big issue but one that needs attention before it can be taken any distance. And our Sequoia has a working a/c which is a great help to Grandma. There is talk of going to see a property in Dallas tomorrow but I am not sure Mama is up for that one knowing how much she loves the traffic in the metroplex. 

I spent the much of the day working on my little business and with a tiny bit of success this time. I took all the email addresses that had been captured as a result of my recent advertising  and resent a new email to each of those individuals. I did each individually so it was pretty time consuming. If there is a better way than to cut and paste over and over I do not know it. But really, what else do I have that is pressing - or could be lucrative. I got two solid responses for more information that I am already following up on. We will see where that goes over the next couple days.

I did work on the pig area today. I have had to move the shelter I built for the pigs to a different side of the sty. Hopefully it will gather less water in the new location. Where I had originally placed it was at the downhill portion of the enclosure. I did not realize just how much rainwater could gather in such a small area until I already had it built. not that it bothered the pigs at all, but it did make for a muddy mess during our wetter times. With the pigs occupying the area I did not dare move it so the project waited until now. 

At least with this little chore I already had almost all the materials for completion. I just had to arrange them differently. I was able to make a good bit of progress today and will require less than a day to finish - but I will have to buy a couple pieces of plywood to floor the shelter but that should be all. The slightly cooler helped. If you can call it cooler when it is still over ninety degrees.

Mama and I went to a viewing this evening for the ninety five year old mother of a man at our church. We did not spend long there but we were glad we had made an appearance. Then we went to the rehab facility to visit a lady who goes to our church. She is the one that has fallen twice and broken her tailbone significantly enough that it required surgery. Now she is in therapy trying to recover from both the injuries and the surgery.

I had wondered if there was something dangerous in her house that had caused the falls but that is not the case. Though she describes her house as cluttered, the falls were caused by her passing out. I am sure treatment for that is in the recuperation regimen also. It is always a little discouraging to see someone - especially someone so active - in that state. But hopefully she will recover quickly.

I f you ever want to find a true appreciation for what you have while going through some difficult circumstance in your life, go visit someone in a nursing home or rehab facility. It will short circuit your pity party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment