Demo Site

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Real people, eating healthy, growing babies

It is one of the amazing privileges of our current technology that we can see in real time the antics of grandchildren far removed from us geographically. Were it not for the advent of video capable phones which can then send those videos to us, Mama and I would be pretty disconnected from the rapid rate of growth of our three small grandchildren. Of all the things I dislike about our cell phone dependent culture that is not one of my complaints.

We get to see Savanna, Walter and Bridgett as they grow so quickly that it is hard for me to keep up with. I, being a man, do not have same capacity as Mama to appreciate all the minute details of their faces as they change. I hope that does not make me a bad grandfather. I have never been so gifted as her so seeing the videos is a real help to me to keep up with the changes they are going through…when Mama takes the time to show them to me. I can still remember my father asking my mother when the grandchildren (and later great grandchildren) were there, “Which one does that one belong to?” She always knew. So does Mama.

Mama and Victoria are trying to eat healthy. Victoria more so than Mama. For those of you that know her that will not come as a shock. But the idea is starting to gain traction with Mama. Her weight has been stagnant at a level she is not happy with. Not a weight she is truly unhappy with, that would prompt a change. Anyway, Victoria is trying to influence Mama to eat a healthier diet. It is an uphill battle but lately they have been buying more vegetables and fruits, looking for rice noodles and brown rice pastas, eating sweet potatoes rather than regular potatoes, etc. The problem is that to eat healthy requires more prep time than eating unhealthy. It is very difficult to buy prepackages healthy meals.

Neither of them likes to cook and since I have not been eating for a few days the diet has fallen on hard times. Once again Victoria has raised the standard and is charging forward in the press to delight the tastebuds with culinary recipes fit for a four star restaurant. Her problem is finding the time with her work schedule to prepare the dishes she and Mama agree would be  top picks for their meals. Victoria often gets home so late that cooking her lunch for tomorrow is no at the top of her to-do list right then. If I do not cook it Mama will probably not step in to do so. So they are temporary stalled out - until I start cooking again, or until Mama decides to give it a try.

Over the past couple days I have been sending out emails to the people who responded to an earlier ad but made no further contact - no sale either. Of those emails  I have gotten three responses so far. What I send is a link to the video I made a few weeks ago and ask the recipients to set up an appointment with me to have a five minute conversation. So far I have talked with two people. Tomorrow I have appointments with two more. I am hoping that will generate some sales. 


Time will tell but they have been good conversations so far and I look forward to many more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment