Demo Site

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Mama’s first day, in service, patience and persistence

Mama started working at the church school today. It is a new thing for her. I do not think she has had a job outside of the home since Cori was being potty trained. The Lord has always blessed me with a good income to provide for her and the children - at least, until recently. So for the both of us this adds a new dimension to our lives; one we have not seen in almost thirty years. it will be fun to see how it plays out.

Now, you have to realize that the amount she is earning is not much but it will help buy our groceries and the fuel for her transportation to and from the church on a daily basis. It is being done out of love, not of absolute necessity or selfishness to have anything of her own. It is a sacrifice on her part; giving up her daily routine here on the farm while I struggle to either find work or make my online business work. I appreciate it. God is not done with us yet but He is certainly bringing us into new territory.

I had to go ahead and spend the money to get two new batteries for the truck today. A diesel requires two batteries versus the one needed for most cars. That is all it lacked to get it fully operational but it was painful to do when added to the money already spent to repair it. I jumped it off yesterday and left it running for several hours in case the batteries could be charged, but it would not crank this morning; hence, the need for the new batteries. It just did not make sense to leave it idle waiting on $200 worth of batteries. I must confess that it is good to have it back on the road. It will alleviate our overuse of the Sequoia for towing the trailer to pick up what is needed. Although, it was good to have that option for the month the truck was gone.

It will probable make it’s first long trip next week when Brittany comes to visit. She has talked about going to see Dad when she comes. and I need to make another trip down.  He will thoroughly enjoy her visit. It will be a help to have her there to assist with some of the things that still need to be done to the house Mom and Dad lived in assist is prepared for sale. And the truck will be needed to haul some of the shop items I need to bring back with me.Those items have been waiting on the truck to be available to get them moved out of Martha’s way.

I continue to work at my online business as I put in applications to every reasonable sounding job. So far I am averaging one to two per day but going onto the last quarter of the year can either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the hiring company’s view. 


I am praying we are close to a long term solution but if not we will find a way through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment