Demo Site

Saturday, September 24, 2016

There and back

Brittany and I left pretty early yesterday morning to go see Dad. It is a four hour trip in good traffic and we made pretty good time. We started out by going to Victoria’s house and tending to the chickens then headed to Decatur for fuel for the truck and for Brittany. She had to make a Starbuck’s stop to get her caffeine intake for the morning. She was not exactly hopped up for the next four hours but she was not still either. We really had a pleasant time during the drive, after all, when you have four hours of windshield time there is little else to do but either converse or sleep; And she as not going to sleep. I did not mind, I have always found it a good practice to get time alone with my kids just to talk and to really have a good talk takes a fair amount of time. We had plenty.

Just as we were getting onto 820 out of Saginaw, I got a call from a company I had applied to months ago. I had a good conversation with the HR man on their end of the line. It was instantly obvious that he was not the usual person through which they made employment contacts but he asked the right questions and gave me a chance to give more expansive answers than I normally would have. I felt like that was needed because I can certainly fill the job role they need a person for but it would not necessarily be something he would be able to see in my resume. When it came to the issue of money I assured him that I was very flexible and what they were offering more than adequate to interest me. I am supposed to call him if I do not hear from him by next Friday. We will see how that turns out.

Before we headed to see Dad I stopped off in Chappell Hill to visit with Martha. She had texted and said she was working from home that morning. Brittany got meet her daughter-in-law Ashely and her two children (Martha’s grandchildren). It was one of those face to face encounters with someone each of them had connected with on Facebook. So they each got to put a name with a face - literally. 

While we were there Martha showed me some of the updated they had done to the big house to get it ready to market. All the updates were subtle and tastefully done. Both Mom and Dad would be pleased. Brittany got to pick out a few books that were still on bookshelves in the front hall and I found her a very small mantle clock she can take home with her. She was very excited about all her finds in the house. It is a part of her heritage and Martha we happy to share it with her.

Our visit with Dad lasted about 45 minutes. I would always like to stay longer but that is about all he can handle before it wears him out too much; mentally and physically. Brittany noticed the same thing that the nurses and Mama noticed; that Dad responds to me better than he does to most people. He said a couple of very funny that I will not relate because they were more personal family humor, but Brittany picked up on all the fun that had been poked at by Dad. Those will be good memories for her.

It was close to 3 pm when we left Dad. So we stopped and got a bite to eat before heading home. Since traffic was a little heavier going home. We made it back to the farm at about 8:45 but not before stopping at a Starbucks on the way through Ft Wort. All in all, we were gone almost exactly twelve hours.


When I got onto my computer and opened up the back office website for my little internet business I discovered that I had made my first sale. What a wonderful end to the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment