Demo Site

Thursday, September 22, 2016

New learning curve, lunch with Mama - again, Mission’s Conference, visiting

I spent the entire morning trying to learn a new program; again. It is an automated email responder program. I was on a webinar for almost two hours and tried to meet the “buy by the end of the webinar” deadline to collect the freebies that went along with enrollment at that time but I got stumped by the first piece of information requested on the  enrollment form. Not a good beginning. I sent off two requests for help. Which really expose my ignorance, but it would be far more ignorant not to ask. I hope to get the answers in the next day or two so I can get things integrated into the system I am learning. Someday I may even be moderately successful.

To interrupt the morning Brittany and I met Mama for lunch - again. She is getting pretty spoiled to having someone visit her during the lunch hour; and bring her lunch to boot. It will have to stop at some point but while the kids are here (through next Tuesday) it will more than likely continue. Today we had Moa’s Kitchen Thai food. That has become one of our personal favorites. Something I have an easy time getting through my digestive system. Unlike what was offered for dinner at the Mission’s conference.

We met Cori and Nate at the house they are staying in for the conference and headed to the church from there. It took a little over an hour to get to the house but only about fifteen minutes to get to the church from there. (We took some of the forgotten items to the home with us and brought a huge amount of gifts given to Cori and Nate and the kids back to the farm with us.)

At the church the men separated from the women; or vice versa depending on your perspective, and the men ate pizza while the women ate soup and salad. I wanted to switch sides but did not have the courage to ask. I did not eat any pizza. It would have ruined my night. But I sure could have could have gone for the soup and salad. Anyway, each of the missionaries gave their testimony within a six minute time slot - since there were nine total attending the conference. It was a good way to get the ice broken for each missionary and a chance for them to be heard all at once rather than spread out over several services where the first to present is forgotten by the time the last one has presented.

Cori and Nate were extremely excited by the exuberant giving of this church and they have three more days to go. They have been extremely blessed.

Brittany and I will be going to Brenham tomorrow to see my Dad. We will make it a day trip so we will be on the road all day, or at least ten hours of it. It is one of those trips that are not exciting to make but once the effort is made, it proves to have been worth it. Since I do not know how much longer we will have Dad, it is always worth the effort to keep as close as possible and since Brittany, who has come all the way from England, is willing to make the trip there is good reason to put forth the additional effort. It is an eight hour round trip for a two hour visit, but it is an effort we will not regret making.


Besides, I am about two weeks overdue to see Dad - so the timing is perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment