Demo Site

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Mama’s new routine, old parts, interview tomorrow

Mama is enjoying her days at the school. I have gotten to check on her for the past two days since I have either needed to be in town or needed to take her something she has forgotten. Today she forgot her purse and her phone. She remembered her lunch, her morning snack, her Bible she will leave there for their Bible Study time and her FBI book so she can study in her off hours, but I had to bring the rest. She has made fun of me for years because I had made it a habit to collect all the things I would need to take to work with me in one place the evening before. That was so that I did not have to remember everything in the morning as I quietly left for work. Now all that actually makes sense to her.

I do know that the school kids really enjoy having her there. Our associate pastor is not the overly expressive sort so the kids are fixated on getting Mama’s attention when they are doing something they want feedback on - which is very often. It is not a strenuous job and I am welcome to have lunch with her whenever I would like. Plus, I think the school kids are among those who will be going to the Creation Museum in Glenrose, TX next week with the speaker who will be taking us through the Bible in his presentations starting Sunday morning. I also plan on going since we will be given a special guided tour by the museum curator, a good friend of our speaker.

After Mama left this morning I took over her feeding chores and then worked with the tractor moving some rocks onto the goats little hill so it would have less open spots of dirt. There is still more to do but I did not want to risk my back by overdoing rearranging large stones. Then I hooked up the little brush hog we bought about five years ago. It is well used - translate that “old but still workable”. 

Since I sold the large brush hog I have reverted to the smaller one which is more maneuverable in the trees. And the tractor seems to handle it better. The hookup took me almost an hour because the PTO shaft was rusted in place. I had to use a large hammer and a lot of oil and grease to get it to move forward enough to get it mated to the tractor. Once I did, it worked very well. I only mowed for about an hour since I also have a lot of items to take care of through my day - all of which were interrupted to get Mama’s purse and phone to her. A delightful interruption.

Once Mama gets back we will go to the dairy for feed and milk. I would do it by myself but it takes two to operate the silo from which we get our feed. We are about out so it has to be done today or tomorrow and tomorrow has a strong chance of rain in the forecast. One of the blessing of having the truck back is that we do not have to set the bags of feed in the back of the Sequoia. Mama really dislikes the dusty smell on the drive home.

I have an interview with Amazon in Ft Worth tomorrow morning, 10 a.m. Their literature and instructions say that there will be a job offer made on the spot if they are interested. I am prepared for that, but still have to be careful what type of job I take and will avoid one that keeps me from fulfilling my obligations at church. Nights is one of the better options for me if days are not available, but that will prove a hardship on Mama. It is times like these that I miss my old day job.

Victoria is home today still recovering from the same bug Mama and Jake had. I guess I got a much more mild form of the illness. No complaints there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment