Demo Site

Thursday, September 1, 2016

The good and bad, going to prison, lingering questions

It was great to get the truck back. We have missed it terribly here at the farm. It is one of those things that you cannot fully appreciate until you have to find workarounds without it. But as good as it is to have it back it still needs repairs. Not big ones, just two new batteries. It would not start for me this morning. Roger, our mechanic had warned me that this was coming, but I had hoped it would be a few weeks before it was necessary - not! It will sit for a few more days but hopefully not weeks before I can get the batteries bought and installed.

I will be meeting the pastor this afternoon to travel to him to a local prison. We will be there this evening and all day tomorrow doing soul winning and preaching. We will be meeting some missionaries who do this full time and possibly other pastors and laymen at the prison. I am a little nervous about the venue, but it is not very often that you get to preach to a truly captive audience. I am more worried about saying the wrong thing than I am about not being able to say the right thing. Mama and I got some extensive soul winning training when we were at Central Baptist in Amarillo, so I feel fairly confident there. I will adapt pretty quickly but hopefully I will be teamed up with someone more experienced. We shall see.

There were supposed to be more going from our church but I am not sure what happened to limit the number to just the pastor and me. I will use the opportunity to talk with the pastor about the decisions Mama and I will have to be prepared to make in the next several months should I not find a job and not get any income from my online “business”. I will do my best to hold everything as is through the first of the year but am not sure haw far we can go beyond that.

I will be back late Friday night so I will be able to help Mama get Jake to the airport Saturday morning. He is not looking forward to going home. It will be peaceful again when he is not here but it has been a good interruption to our mundane routine to have him with us. He and Mama are both expecting to have him back here for Christmas. That would be good in case we have to sell the farm after the first of the year.

Everything on the farm continues to grow and prosper in a really amazing way. The goats are growing and in October we should have little ones from the older nanny. The calves are growing very well and later this month we will get our six cows and heifers back onto our property, wean the heifers and wait on the mamas to deliver next April or May. Mama and I are planning to sell the wild cow and her little heifer calf as soon as we are able, but that will not be soon enough to help financially.


Luke, Grace and Joseph are her with us today. Jake is enjoying all the extra activity one last time. Fortunately, school starts soon after he gets home so his hours alone will be limited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment