Demo Site

Monday, September 19, 2016

The hike, boot shopping, birthday prep, Brittany, out of water



Mama and I went out early to take care of the animals and had plenty of help from the grandkids so it took us a little longer than usual but we still managed to get it all done - including taking care of the chickens at Victoria’s house - before 9 a.m. All the animals were ready for some new feed. We did not get to them yesterday evening since we went out to Braum’s after church and rushed to church early to get the table set up for Cori and Nate. Braum’s is Mykenzie’s favorite place to eat because the kids meals come with a small shake. We had to split meals among the adults because none of us could eat a full burger at that time of night. But it was fun; especially Savana’s constant prattle with me throughout the entire evening.
So after we finished with the animals we headed out to Eagle Mountain Park to do some hiking. The park has a couple miles of trails that follow along the lake there. It was pretty when we got to the lake but by the time we had hiked the mile  and a half there we were all a sweaty mess. Savanna was in the carrier strapped to Nate for most of the trek so he was especially soaked. I think we were only on the trails for a couple of hours but we were all pretty worn out by the time we finally got back to the area where we set up our picnic lunch. The kids got to see a few lizards and a road runner but for the most part the walk was uneventful in the wildlife category. All the animals had the good sense to stay put in the near one hundred degree heat.

When we ate a bite and cooled down a little we headed to Southlake, TX to find a Rita’s Cori and Victoria had discovered online. It was about a forty minutes away from the park but honestly it seemed longer. But we did finally get there. All the girls, Mama, Cori, Victoria and Mykenzie, were very excited. I suppose Blake and Grant were somewhat excited also. I was not. Rita has never been my thing. And much to their delight all the large servings were $1 off. So, of course, everyone over fifteen had to get a large in order to capitalize on the savings. I got a small custard cone but I did try a taste of Cori’s mango gelato and got an immediate headache that lasted about fifteen minutes; the reason I don’t get excited about Rita’s.

On from there to boot shopping for Nate and Grant. It took some time to figure out that Nate needed a  boot about a size smaller than he is used to shopping for. Once we got that sorted out he started to find a few pairs of boots that his fashionista wife approved of, finally settling on a very light colored pair that will go with everything he owns at the moment. Grant, meanwhile sorted through a dozen pairs of boots to finally settle on a pair with bright blue uppers. 

After that we separated and Mama and I went to Costco to get the cake I had ordered Friday. It turned out pretty nice. I am hoping to include a picture of it tomorrow. It is too late at the moment to get that done tonight. We will be celebrating birthdays for Mama, me, Cori and Nate. If Becky and Chase could be here we would have included their names also. Grandma and Grandpa are supposed to come over also.

Brittany is on her way here now. After not being able to fly out last Wednesday she was able to get a flight out this morning. Andrew, I believe may have helped arrange the affair since the issue Wednesday was that the pilots were unwilling to take on passengers. Somehow, today she got around that. It was a good surprise.

On the not so good surprise side, when Mama, Victoria and I were in class tonight Cori called to tell me the well had quit working. I left class to go home so I could troubleshoot that problem and Nate and I settled on it being a controller issue. Fortunately, Lowe’s carries the replacement part so it as pretty easy to to get. Once I bought it I headed back at the church to get Mama and Victoria from class and head home since I did not want to make a third trip to town to get them after I took the part home. 

It turned out to be the right move. The replacement was almost a plug and play temporary repair. I will make the full repair on Thursday when I am the only one at home. For now, we have water and can flush the toilet and take showers.


Mama I relieved. Brittany is greatly relieved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment