Demo Site

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Sick, Mama, the house

I missed my appointment with Amazon this morning because I was very sick. I finally got a good shot of the bug Mama, Victoria and Jake had fought last week into this week and was up most of the night at the toilet. On the positive side, Amazon is very gracious about rescheduling the interviews so I will set one up for Monday or Wednesday next week. They even put this message in their correspondences, “We know life happens. If you need to reschedule your interview please use the enclosed link to contact us and make the new appointment.” My larger concern is the people I had contact with at church last night. I had no idea I was going to spend the night as I did so I can only pray that no one was affected or infected by me.

I’m feeling better now. Some strength is coming back but I still struggle just getting around the house. I move from the bed to the couch to the recliner to the bed. Mostly I stay still in the bed waiting on those moments when my bowels or stomach activate the panic system. That I can do pretty quickly. At one point, late last night, I was getting up from the couch with just such a rude awakening and had to stumble to the bathroom with one sandal on. I could not get the other one on quickly enough and there was no waiting; I barely made that appointment. Such events have continued throughout the day. Hopefully, tonight will be better.

When I was taking to Maggie earlier about my second bout with this bug, Dr. Mama inserted into the conversation that she thinks the last bout was only nerves and that only this latest sickness is in the true virus. Dr. Daddy does not concur with said diagnosis since she had vomiting, diarrhea and a fever while at the same time I had vomiting, diarrhea and a fever; just to a lesser extent. It really makes no difference, but it will be something to tease about over the next few days. What I do know is that it is an interesting rapid weight loss program. Not one I would casually recommend.

The children at the school really enjoy having Mama there. Every day she is getting notes from one of them for the help she is giving with spelling, Bible memorization and other little chores. Her happy personality and her exuberant love for children is easy to discern. It has always been easy for a child to latch onto her for love and support. This is no different - even thought she still gets weirded out by any question related to math.

She and Victoria are making biscuits and gravy for dinner tonight; not something I will eat for several more days. Victoria seems to have recovered sufficiently to carry on in her happy mode. It is pleasant to overhear the conversation as they work together in the kitchen.

With some of the kids and grandkids coming to visit next week Mama is stressing over the condition of the house.I cannot get too alarmed at that. I keep telling her that if the cleaning she is fretting over was not worth doing over the last month as we lived here day to day why should we stress about getting all of it done in  one week? But is has always been that way.  At one point years ago I suggested we have someone over every week so we would keep up with all the requisite house chores.


The suggestion did not go over well then either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment