Demo Site

Monday, August 5, 2013

Great weekend


This was a very productive weekend. I had some help on Saturday morning into the early afternoon because one of my coworkers came over to help me assemble the large double oven cabinets. We made quite a few mistakes on the first one and had to rework a couple of issues but we flew through the second one. He was on his way home by 2 pm. I did not want to take his whole Saturday.

He brought his 4 year old with him so Mama and Victoria had a playmate for the morning. His name was Caleb. He was a pretty good kid considering how boring what we were doing was to him but when he was not inside with Mama he made himself at home in the shop and we stumbled around him as needed.

One of the real blessings was that Curtis brought his Kreg jig. I am not sure how we would have assembled the cabinets as effectively without it. I had never used one before but Nate and I had talked about the jig while we were in Florida. Now that I have used one I will definitely get one. I feel much more confident about the cabinets than I would have without the additional screws hidden in the construction.

After Curtis and Caleb left I took a two hour nap; my back needed the rest. When I got up I assembled two more cabinets. I only have four left and all that I have bought will be ready to place in the kitchen. I know I do not have enough to fill the kitchen but when I ordered them it was on the fly and I did not want to over order. I am hoping to fill the rest with open shelving but that will be another work in progress.

Yesterday we had some awesome services at church. In the Sunday School hour a young, second generation missionary to Sri Lanka, Nick Sorrell gave a presentation about his work and a small devotional. It was so moving that everyone I talked to wished he had been given more time. As it turned out our pastor felt the same way and asked Bro. Sorrell to preach the morning service.

He spoke out of Acts four and five how the church went from being in one accord and having all things in common to Ananias and Sapphira and the deceit that cost them their lives. He related it to the everyday and how we battle against the “sins that do so easily beset us” and that the battle will never be over until we are seated in glory with the Lord. It was a great message about not giving the devil a place (as evidenced in those verses); about fighting even though you do not seem to be winning, about doing right when everyone you know counts you a fool.

That evening the crew doing our Vacation Bible School rolled in. I think we are in for a real treat. I just hope I get to stay in town this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment