Demo Site

Friday, August 23, 2013

Sheetrock is complete, shopping in Decatur, future plans


The sheetrock is completely done. Even the texturing of the walls is complete. Mama could not wait to go and get paint last night. I talked her out of ordering the main final color – five gallons worth – until we have has a chance to use a gallon of on the sealed walls. That will not be until next week some time. We did get the primer/sealer to begin painting the walls and ceilings this weekend.  Seeing the sheetrock done is very exciting. Seeing the painted and ready for occupancy will be even more exciting.

Mama even got a chance to witness to the sheetrock crew briefly. We will never know until judgment day in Heaven what effect such few words will have in the lives of those men. If and when we get to the sheetrock on the farm house – in two years or so – we will look this crew up to do the work. If that happened we will take the opportunity to witness to them once again.

Mama let me take the Flex to work today. She and Victoria are coming to town this afternoon and Mama will need a ride home while Victoria stays to sit with some children as the mommy and daddy go out for a birthday dinner. I think Mama would have ridden home in the truck with me but it made at least a little sense to have the car to get her home. The truck provides a pretty hot ride home in the afternoons but so far it has gotten me safely to and from work.

While we are in Decatur we are going to look at Lowe’s for some paint brushes and various other tools for getting the paint from the buckets to the walls and ceiling. We elected to buy the paint at the local Ace Hardware rather than Lowe’s since the price we pretty comparable and the distance was more manageable but I still need a shower surround and several other things that it is better to use Lowe’s to supply for us.

Hopefully during the final stages of getting the apartment set up – kitchen, bath, bedroom and living area – we do not run into any major obstacles. If we do we will figure them out and make adjustments but it would be nice to have this close to complete by the end of September; especially since Mama is scheduling her surgery for the first week of October.

I took a muscle relaxer last night so I am struggling this morning. I was prescribed the medication for my back pain but I noticed how the medicine also helped my colon. That is why I took one last night. I am testing to see if what I saw was related to the medication or rooted in something else. I can also use the relief from the spasms I generally endure but I do not want to take them for any extended period.

Maybe it should be a weekend only thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment