Demo Site

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Minor accomplishments, lots more work


If ever I have been a “three steps forward – two steps back” time in my life, I am in one right now. For everything I do get accomplished it seems to create two more jobs that need immediate attention. But I suppose that is life on the farm – and life doing building projects. While I am building it will continue as it is now – at least until I get some help.

On Thursday last week I texted Wes Bowman to see if he knew anyone in Bowie who does sheetrock work and he responded that one of the men at BBTI does that type of work. He is currently away but Wes indicated that he should be available to talk to me today or tomorrow. I just need a little help so that I do not have to string out the sheetrock completion over the next two weeks or so. I will eventually get it done but I am getting tired and frustrated by all the other things that also need to get done – so a little help would be very much appreciated.

I did get all the cabinets built last weekend and yesterday. I still have a good bit of work to do on the double oven cabinets but they are assembled and waiting installation. I also got the double oven tested and it works perfectly. While I was at it I tested the microwave and it too is functioning as it should. The dishwasher is another story. It is junk so if Mama decides she wants a dishwasher in the apartment, we will have to buy one.

I was laying in bed last night trying to remember if I planned for a dishwasher in the layout of the kitchen and I am pretty sure I did not so if we do get one I will have to make that correction also. It is not a big deal but it is another one of those little projects that will take all afternoon or evening to complete. But the good news is that we are close.

Saturday evening Mama and I tag teamed some brush hogging in the front pasture. When I went to check on her she gave me the tractor and she went back to the house. She was expecting to be able to finish the area she had been mowing in a half hour. I did not think that was even close but I took over and continued. Over an hour later, as darkness fell, there was still a lot to cut down to complete the area we had been working on. Grandpa makes it look so easy.

Victoria put the Flex on Craigslist Sunday and we got a call right away. That call turned out to be a scammer but at least we know the posting was successful. We are praying the car sells quickly but it is all in God’s hands. I few are not able to sell it, it will not be the end of the world. But it would be better to get it off our financial books.

Time will tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment