Demo Site

Friday, August 30, 2013

Used truck shopping, getting close


Since we have not gotten a single serious call on the Flex since we started advertising it over two months ago, Mama went and looked at trucks yesterday. She found a couple she was interested in so we test drove one last night when I met her at a local dealer. I liked what we did drive but I was not too comfortable with the price as opposed to the year model. So far we are going to be better off if we keep what we have.

I think she is going back today to try to talk to the used car man about making a deal on a diesel truck. It is out of our price range but compared to the used gas trucks they had to offer, it will be the better vehicle to own five years from now. If we have to finance a vehicle, my goal would be to own a worthwhile vehicle in four or five years.

I would rather get away from any loan and pay cash for a vehicle but we are six to eight months away from that. I told Mama last night that I would rather keep what we have and pay cash for an older truck, if that is what we really need, in the spring of next year. We are not suffering by keeping the Flex so at this point it would be better to wait. I doubt the salesman will go for the deal she told me she was going to offer, but I am willing to let her try.

We were out of paint last night so I put in outlets and covers in the kitchen. It gives it a more finished look. We will have our work cut out for us over this long weekend. I do know Mama is planning on buying the paint we need to finish out the apartment and I would like to start getting the kitchen cabinets set. I found the place where I can get cabinets to match the ones I have (in Austin) but I will have to set in place what I do have to see exactly what I need.

After we finish painting we will get the paper off of the floor and begin the final cleanup to get the floors finished out with a final coat of the sealer, then we can start moving stuff over to the apartment.

I am not sure if we will make it that far this weekend without help, but we are that close.

0 comments:

Post a Comment