Demo Site

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Still busy, God is still calling, color questions, excuses


Yesterday was another crazy busy day. It is not that the things I am doing are difficult but all of them seem to be completely disconnected from each other. Since there is no overlap within the various projects there seems to be no good way to move from one train of thought to another without stopping one and restarting another only to have to go right back to a thought I just stopped working through.

All of these disconnected projects require meetings and phone conversations with multiple individuals in various geographic locations. That takes time; lots of time. Most of the meetings are relatively short; half an hour to an hour. Some are very lengthy, going three to four hours or more. Last night, I finally walked out of a teleconference that had started at 1 pm a little before 5 pm in order to get home in time to get ready for church.

At church a man from our church who is starting deputation spoke last night. He is going to Xalapa, Veracruz Mexico. It was one of the least professional presentations I have ever seen. The pictures were all out of focus, the grammar used was pretty bad, and even our pastor’s portion was not well done. But the heart he has for what God has called him to do was undeniable. It all just had the feel of something you want to be a part of. We were excited and challenged by his very unpolished sermon.

What will be fun is to see what God does to him as he practices and gets more experience preaching and giving his presentation. I have seen God do some pretty amazing things with a man who fully surrenders to Him. God does not call the qualified, I have been told, rather, He qualifies the called.

Mama used the gallon of paint in the kitchen yesterday. I think it turned out to be darker than she was expecting. We did not get a chance to look at it until after church last night. Since there are no lights in the apartment yet it was difficult to tell by flashlight. I should hear more about it today when she goes out again to look it over.

 I will not be able to buy any more paint until I get paid again so I hope we come to a decision before we commit to this color. The good news is that it is only paint. We can always cover it with a color more to our liking if this one does not meet Mama’s expectations. Those of you who have helped her decide on colors know what I am talking about.

When I got home last night I told her that I must be getting ready to start because I felt blah all day – sort of depressed, but not really. I am not sure where those times come from but as I male I have limited excuses to offer when those times do come. Most times, one excuse is as good as another. It is always the little things that press on us daily that present the most challenges to our character.

I was told about a man who was camping in a remote spot and came across a bear. He prayed that the Lord would save him from the bear and the Lord graciously answered that prayer. As he lay down that night to sleep a mosquito started to fly around his head and kept him up all night. He never prayed about the mosquito.

Sound familiar?

0 comments:

Post a Comment