Demo Site

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Work and homework


Yesterday I was tied up in meetings pretty much all day. I even ate my lunch during a meeting so I could have that done in order to go to another meeting. Today will be pretty much the same with the same ending time of a little after 5 pm. It is nice to stay busy but it is also nice to have time to reflect and plan the work I have been assigned. Oh, well. It is a job security of sorts.

I have discovered that the most important function of my job is to keep things off of my bosses desk so he can concentrate on the issues more urgent for him. Another primary function is to know how to route emails in order to get answers to out-of-the-ordinary questions. That can be fun but it gets tedious at times also.

I interview five people yesterday for an open position in my group and I will have to interview at least that many for another opening created when one of my direct reports moved into another job here in the Decatur office. Both of those are good problems but it does affect the overall workload; another job security item.

Mama and I painted some more last night; cutting in at the corners. It is one of those slow tasks that give time to think and talk as we worked. We had a good time working together but eventually the fumes got to Mama and she had to get out of the apartment. She did paint some of the brown on a wall just to see if she would like it and I think she did. I will know more today when she sees how it dried. That color will go on a lot of walls.

We are going to leave the ceilings white for now so there will be a lot more cutting in at the ceilings in each room. Since we have not moved anything into the apartment it is pretty easy to get the painting done. Once that is done I will refinish the floors; they were scratched up pretty severely when the sheetrock was being put up. Hopefully, this weekend I will start putting the cabinets in place; without damaging the floors after they are finally finished.

I still do not know exactly how the cabinets will be arranged. I have a general idea but until they are placed I do not know for sure how it will all turn out. Mama is really excited about getting the kitchen done so I hope it turns out to meet her expectations.

I should have pictures next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment