Demo Site

Monday, August 26, 2013

Work and shopping, Victoria’s not so secret admirer


Mama and I worked together Saturday morning to get the primer on all the walls and ceilings in the apartment. It was very hot and pretty humid for our area. We got the entire apartment painted in a little over three hours. As I was cleaning up the roller brusher and pans I got the idea to go to IKEA to see if we could but our sink. Mama was all for that so we went.

We got to IKEA around 2:30 that afternoon and finally left at around 5:30. We looked at everything on the way to the kitchen area because Victoria was looking for book shelves and a desk. There were almost more ideas than we could process throughout the showroom but I think Victoria settled on one or two to think about and save up for.

When we got the area I was looking for Mama asked a store representative about the sink we were looking for and was told that the store was out of them. They were on order and expected to be in the delivery scheduled for Sunday. I was thoroughly disappointed but we made the most of it, finished out the showroom and wandered through the entire lower section toward the aisles where you get the items you looked at in the showroom.

Victoria got a floor lamp and Mama got a couple kitchen items. We will have to make a return trip very soon because I am hoping to get the kitchen set up this weekend. The sink will be an integral part of arranging the cabinets I do have. I have a pretty good idea of the combinations I can arrange with the cabinets I have bought but until I actually set them in place I am not totally sure how they will fit. It is fun to be this far along!

By the time we got out of IKEA we were pretty tired but I pulled into Costco since Mama had wanted to check out a few things there. When we got there it was just after 6 pm and they were closed. Once we found that out we remembered their shorter store hours on Saturday – but only after the fact. It added to my disappointment but we all shrugged it off and headed home. On the way we stopped at Sam’s and spent too much money trying to set ourselves up for the diet Mama is going on starting September 1.

Mama is going to paint the bathroom in the apartment today and when I get home I will paint a second coat on the ceilings. For the time being we are going to leave the ceilings a flat white. It was recommended by a friend who paints houses for a living. Mama and I have never fallen in with that more conventional thinking because it is a pain to trim it out. It is easier to paint the ceilings the same color as the walls but we will give it a try and see if we like it.

Yesterday we had Andrew Brooks with us (he is a twenty four old special needs young man in our church) and on the way home he invited Victoria to come over and play. He said he would teach her how to play Halo and maybe have a sword fight with his light sabers. We said that would not look good for Victoria to be in the house alone with him. He answered, “I won’t touch her or anything and if I did she could slap me and I wouldn’t get mad or anything.”

We still politely declined. He sighed. “Maybe some other time.” We didn’t have the heart to say, “Probably not… Ever”

0 comments:

Post a Comment