Demo Site

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Day 2

I did a lot better today especially since I knew where I was supposed to fit it. We spent most of the morning carving pumpkins. I was on the team with the CFO and one of the salesmen. It was a lot of fun and as you can see from the pictures there was a lot of creativity exposed in the numerous teams. Bear in mind that we had only an hour to carve them so there was a lot of time and preparation that went into putting the idea into a carved work. My team had me bring barbed wire and fencing staples to adorn our Frankenpunkin. What we did not do is get the right kind of paint to fully cover the pumpkin. We did not do as well as some of the others but we got an honorable mention for the stitching and staples.

The remainder of the day was spent in learning the program I will be mastering to do my job. I am becoming more and more familiar with the program. I was even able to do a bit of fill-in work for one of my peers; assigning certain permissions to over one hundred people. Not necessarily heavy lifting, but it was a help. By the end of the week I should be able to move about in the program pretty well and by the middle of next week I am hoping to be fully ready to answer the phone and become part of the team.

On my out today I was stopped by the CFO and asked about how things are going. When I told him things were all okay and that I would be ready for work pretty soon, he expressed his interest in y background and experience with my previous work. I am hoping to be used in a variety of posts as I am allowed to really help.

Mama is at the ladies Tate Supper at church. She was asked to be one of the tater characters this year and was assigned of all things to be “Miss Hesitater”. She even had to write a little speech. That was the part she got in character on. She had it ready just before the dinner. Unfortunately I will not get to see her perform but I would love to be a fly on the wall.


I sure hope to sleep better tonight than I did last night.








0 comments:

Post a Comment