Demo Site

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

What a morning, redeeming the truck, Victoria’s news

I started off the morning by going to the Men’s Prayer Breakfast at church. Those who are able gather for breakfast and fellowship on the morning of the third Wednesday of each month. I do not make it often, and will probably be less able starting next week, but I had the chance today. I always enjoy it but more often than not in the past I forgot to go. After we ate and talked for a bit I dropped off some paperwork at the office where I will start working Monday morning. I got to meet the CFO and see where they have me set up to work. Fortunately they moved the desks of the foursome I will be a part of into a longer area so we are not so tightly packed together. I do not know if the three ladies like it better but it will help me to have a little more space than I first expected to have.

When I left there I went to Bowie to see if I could talk to Roger - the mechanic who is working on our truck. Mama has left several messages and he has not called back so I had hoped to catch him at his shop. That was not to be. When I got there no one was around. With nothing better available I wrote a note and since the hood was up on our truck I put it in the engine compartment in the area he was working. He called about three hours later to explain that he and his family had been out of town with a very sick uncle who passed away on Saturday. The funeral was yesterday and they were all just now getting back home. The good news was that the truck was ready to go. The total repair cost was $60. All he could find wrong as a burned out fuse. He still has no idea why the fuse blew causing the EGR system to mess up. He tried to get it to blow out again to see if it would repeat the failure but could not. Hopefully we will be good for a while.

While I was in the area I stopped to talk to Rick Giesland about our nanny goat. Mama and I cannot tell if she is bred or not. Both of us are thinking that she should be much bigger than she is if she is in fact only a couple weeks away from kidding. The bottom line is that we are still not sure so Saturday we will pack her up and take her there so Rick can examine her. If she is not bred we can have that taken care of and if she is we will have solid confirmation. Either way we make out well. He also has some hay Mama and I want to buy so if we are making the trip either way it makes sense to double up on what we need to get done. The only one who will not enjoy it is Millie; unless she needs to be bred.

Victoria and I drove back to Roger’s shop later in the afternoon to pick up the truck and once again did not find anyone home; at least that is the way it looked. I was finally able to knock loudly enough on the door of his home for him to hear me. That worked out well for me since Victoria was headed to Grandma and Grandpa’s for a visit. The main purpose of her visit was to announce that she would like to sell her little house. The magnitude of the coming expenses - a septic system, reworking the well, an HVAC system and all the remodeling needs - were overwhelming her. All of the promises of cabinets, windows and doors had not come to fruition so she would need to refinance the house to buy all the required items for the remodel. Since she alone was having to fund the project it makes sense to get out now before too much money has been spent on what may ultimately be an unfinished project. Victoria said there was not much discussion on her grandparents part but she felt a whole lot better at having initiated the idea.


Now we pray for a buyer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment