Demo Site

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The offer, a very busy evening

While I was working at the church this afternoon trying to get the pesky auto responder program to cooperate with me I got a call from the gentleman who interviewed me yesterday. He made me a verbal offer and I verbally accepted. With a drug test and the background check I should be cleared to go to work on Monday the 24th of October. The monetary offering was sufficient for Mama and I to make it off of the pay from this job alone - but without much to spare. It is enough. It is welcome news. It is an answer to prayer. 

We had to make a bunch of calls this once Mama got off work to start letting people know - starting with our children; all of whom were very excited. Tomorrow we will let people at church know. Our Pastor will be very excited because this job should not interfere with the many commitments Mama and I have at church, especially leading the music. At this time there is no one to take my place in that one area so I felt contained to make sure I kept that option open…and God did. Now we will see how I can fit in and help my new employer as he and his staff help me.

Mama made most of the calls to the kids as we were traveling to Denton to make the rounds there. We had to stop at Walmart for a friend because there was a rumor that they had some type of shirt on sale for $1. The rumor proved false but we did make the effort and were able to pick up a thermal mug in a color that the Decatur Walmart had run out of. The next stop was Winco Foods where Mama and I managed to clear the checkout line for under $75. That’s doing something with Mama. We grabbed a quick bite at Brahms and headed to Sam’s. All the stops were within a stones throw of one another but it took time. At Sam’s I expect to spend over $100 per shopping trip and we held to that maxim. Why change now?

When we got home and had unloaded all the purchases I worked on the truck to make sure it would make it all the way to Bowie so our mechanic could work on it - again, while Mama took care of the animals for the evening. What I needed to do did not take long so I was finished before Mama. I headed out for Bowie while she finished up at the farm and then headed over to Victoria’s to tend to the chickens there. Needless to say I was at the mechanics a long time before Mama got there to fetch me home. As a consequence Roger and I got to talk for almost half an hour. I learned a great deal about him in that time and got to witness gently to him as he shared part of his past with me. 

After we got through passing the truck off to Roger we headed to Grandma and Grandpa’s so Mama could sign off on the title to Grandpa’s truck. It is in West Virginia with Norman and Seth and they are planning on selling it or trading it off some time this month. Several years ago when we bought the truck I insisted that Mama’s name be on the title so that if anything should happen to Grandpa the truck would pass without question to Mama. As simple request to safeguard the money we spent for it. Fortunately, it never came to that. We have gotten our money back out of that truck on the time Grandpa had driven it. No regrets, but it really is time to let it go.

As we passed back through Bowie on our way home we caught up to Victoria. Rather, she caught up to us and then flew past us on the highway as we all headed for the farm. Happy to finally be home.


It was a good evening; a busy one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment