Demo Site

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Three little visitors, fetching Kira, more small successes

Victoria picked up Luke, Gracie and Joseph this morning so their mom could go to some work related meetings. They have been on vacation visiting family for a couple weeks. They have only been back a few days now so Erin is having to catch up on some work assignments. If ever Mama thought she could be forgotten Joseph put that thought to rest Sunday night when the toddlers reentered the service for the change offering and shouted out “Mommy Kim. I missed you!” The entire church got a kick out of that. And today when Erin came to get the kids Joseph told his mommy that he wanted to hide. “Who do you want to hide from?” she asked. His answer; “Mommy.” 

Victoria was sweeping this morning just after they arrived and got the cutest video of Joseph having tumbled over into a box as he had tried to back away from the vacuum. I do not have a copy or I would include it. He and Victoria both thought it was pretty funny. Luke did a quick inventory of our toys and announced that we had more Legos than last time. (True; Cori and Nate left what had been given to their kids during the time they stayed here last month.) The kids watched a movie, went for a walk and played inside and out through the day. I think they were all worn out when it was time to go. They are usually very hesitant to leave but today was especially hard for them since it has been a while since they were here and we usually keep they until church on a Wednesday evening. Today we needed the afternoon to get Kira.

Victoria and I left for Gainesville at the same time Erin was pulling out of the driveway with the kids. It is over two hours round trip and with a few minutes to visit and get the updates on Kira and Leo I figured it would be closer to three hours. I wasn’t far off. It turns out that Leo and Kira did very well together. We are not sure how many times she and Leo mated in the 24 hours but hopefully it will be sufficient. I know Kira was very excited to see Victoria. She was sitting still but quivering as she waited for us to get her out of the kennel. Leo was boundless energy. I can see where the pups that have that jumping, yelping, setting off at a dead run energy get it from. We were home before 5 pm so having time to get ready for church was not a problem - even with a quick dinner included. 

Through the day today I have had some pretty notable successes related to my online business. I only wish I had understood a month or two ago what I needed to do to generate these successes, but if I had I would have missed the learning opportunity from the trial. Perhaps, even, I would not have been looking for the job I have recently been given. I will trust the Lord and continue to follow through on both opportunities.


Who knows what might come next?

0 comments:

Post a Comment