Demo Site

Friday, October 7, 2016

Very slow day, Mama’s rotten day, late feeding, the evening

My day was very slow today. I did not realize I felt as bad or as tired as I did until I got dressed this morning, but as Mama got ready to go I laid down on the couch and fell fast asleep. I was wakened by Victoria as she got up and going so I moved to the chair and from there to the bed. I finally got up at a little after noon. Even then it was a huge struggle to make myself get out of bed. At least that is the way it seemed at the time. I did not get much done after that but I did check emails and was able to get a couple little things done for my online business - but my heart and attention were not in any of it.

Mama and the school kids went to play in tennis today in a tennis competition with a larger school from Saginaw. The kids from our school were not good to her or for her today. They were in a mood to partner up and tease, sass and generally misbehave the entire afternoon. She was not happy with them especially because they seemed very pleased with themselves in their attitude and behavior. There is never any good way to stop such behavior. When a child asks “what” to every corrective remark made to them when they know they are in the wrong, discipline is ineffective. That is when punishment comes. However, in that setting, punishment is so limited that the school kids are not affected by it. They actually welcome it to show their friends how tough they are. Unfortunately, peer pressure is more often affected toward the negative than toward the positive. The whole atmosphere made for a bad day for Mama. Good thing it was Friday.

We got an inch of rain through the night - one of the reasons I was not in a hurry to get out to feed the animals; that and not feeling well. Anyway, it was difficult to tell we had gotten any rain by the time I did get out. The goats and pigs were hungry but only the pigs have no grass or hay to munch on between feedings. They were quite vociferous in their objection to the late breakfast. I hate to disturb a  routine but today I needed the exception. In the very near future we will have to get a new routine set because I will be leaving for work just as Mama is getting up. Additionally, in only a few weeks I will be getting home at or very near dark. The load will shift back to Mama once again. I am not sure what kind of routine we will have to adopt but the animals will adapt more quickly than we will.


This evening all of us went out to make the rounds. We have adopted the routine of feeding bread to the chickens and pigs each evening. Mama buys it in bulk at the day old store. We go through a loaf per day here and about half a loaf at Victoria’s house. And they go nuts over the bread; especially the chickens. It is fun to show visitors the excitement the chickens show over the broken pieces of bread being cast onto the ground. One of the farm’s little pleasures.

Mama and I were given a paper, actually an extract from a book about natural cures for cancer, to read for a friend so she could get our input on the information. This article alleges that the cause of cancer, singular, the cause of all cancer is an infestation of fluke worms; specifically, faciliolopsis buskii. It is an interesting supposition but well worth looking into.

I will do some more research and see what I can find but the curative herbal combination seems harmless overall. If it will provide more than a general cleansing, it is worth further investigation.

More on that later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment