Demo Site

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

New job, testing

I arrived to my new job a few minutes before my new boss. We sat through orientation together and later sat through several other training sessions together. She is young, energetic and raring to lead. It should be interesting to work for her. But all through the morning I got the feeling that something was off. I had been interviewed for the supervisory position and thought that is what I had been hired for, but when I saw where I was seated and where she was seated I got the distinct impression that that was not the case. So I learned and listened through the day until I had access to a program that revealed my position title - and it was not supervisor. Interesting, I thought, but said nothing. In a meeting that afternoon she introduced herself as the Supervisor of Client Relations. Good thing I had not said anything. But it made me think to when I had originally accepted the offer from Energy World Net and questioned the salary - thinking I was being hired into a supervisory position. I should have cleared that question up then. Hindsight. At least tomorrow I will know where I fit into the hierarchy.

Everyone at the company seemed very nice, very happy to be working EWN. I am expecting no less but am having trouble shaking off a sense of disappointment. On the good side, my immediate coworkers are very supportive of me in the learning curve they  also have all been through. One has only been there since February, another for a little over a year and the third has a whole two years in her current role. ll are equally proficient at what they do so I have hope to get there quickly. As it was with most all of the people I spoke to, many have been in their current role for less than a year; an interesting fact. I am not sure if that is the result of recent growth or of recent turnover. I will listen and find out later.

Tomorrow morning will be spent in a pumpkin carving contest. I am told it is the second annual event. We are to be placed in teams of two or three for the competition and everyone is being very secretive about their plans for the jack-o-lantern we are tasked to make. I will have to gather some items from the farm this evening before we go to FBI to be used in the staging of our proposed Frankenstein head. My teammates are getting other items to complete the carving. It should be fun - as long as the competition stays in the friendly vein. 

Mama, Victoria and I are not looking forward to the first test we have in FBI. It will cover our study of the book of Acts. From the study guide it looks like it will be a difficult one; lots of memorization of sequences, lots of memorization of verses and lots of identification of places and people. None of us have begun to study yet but I took the time while I had it to type out the study guide so I could fill in the responses required when the time did come to study. 

We have two weeks from tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment